1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RUSSELL WESTBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Anonymous8, Nov 23, 2019.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Except there will be.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. this is an era where they'll just risk getting a young player for future development.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Quite a few understand them, you just don’t seem to be 1 of them. Westbrook generates mediocre offense. Harden generates elite offense. Harden gives Westbrook a 4 on 3 to do what he wants as he’s getting doubled near midcourt. The notion that Harden should adapt to Westbrook and that the ball should be in his hands more as Harden stands in the corner is laughable.

Does Russ run PnR as well as Harden? No. Does he kick out to shooters better than Harden? No. Does he generate offense in general at a level anywhere close to Harden’s? Once again, no. He’s best in transition and attacking closeouts to get to the rim. Westbrook has the opportunity to attack and create quite often feeding off Harden as the primary ball handler but still chooses to jack up 6 threes a game.

BaselineFade, Denovo, Blurr#7 and 2 others like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was OBVIOUS to people who watch a lot of basketball that Russ was a bad fit and a major downgrade to even an old CP3.

Whereas CP3s game will age gracefully, Russ's will not.

Harden Screwed HIMSELF out of any chance of a ring as the team leader.

We are done like dinner.

DD

manlisten and jeevinesh like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Blurr#7 and Reeko like this.
  6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

It's over, i dont even feel like watching the rockets game anymore. Gameplan agianst the rockets will be too easy, they will not make it far in the playoffs. Another wasted year. All we really needed is someone like klay Thompson.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. DaDakota

Bradley Beal - just someone that COMPLIMENTED Harden's game.

A shot maker - we are honestly better with Westbrook NOT playing a minute and Gordon or Rivers getting those minutes.

Russ is 100% a net negative in every way.

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

It's true, I can be happy with Harden having the ball 100% of the time. Westbrick is just a waste possession at this moment. A bad shot from harden is the same crap as westbrick shooting from anywhere.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He is inefficient and displays a low basketball IQ regardless where you put him on the court and regardless how you use him.

10. DaDakota

He is saying Houston will be that bad team....

DD

11. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

I dont even think CP3 complimented Harden's game all that much but my lord, just him being a 35% 3pt shooter like last year and nothing else would work better for this offense.

Same thing with Eric Gordon.. I think he could suit up right now on one leg and just the fact that defenses guard him on the perimeter is going to lead to successful possessions for the Rockets.

12. JackLordsHair66

I don't hate Russ, but he just is not the #2 option this team needs, his energy is great at times but he is so wildly inconsistent and his jump shot is just soooo bad most of the time, are we truly stuck with this guy now ? I guess we are if James runs the personnel depart these days ugh

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I thought this was a 2yr plan to see if this works and it wouldn't stun me if Harden asks to be traded to if this implodes by the end of next year.

14. DaDakota

You may need to package both Harden and Westbrook to properly start over.

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It is sad but I think that is exactly what will happen. Unless by some sort of miracle we can land a trade that gets us something better than Westbrook

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Westbrook is legitimately gonna cost Harden MVP. Tanking the team in the standings, and making him look guard-able because of all the doubling.

This Westbrook trade has a chance to be without exaggeration, and actual disaster.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Not sure how WB can’t shoot. Get this guy a shooting coach immediately.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I hope you're not an nba casual and understand that impact on the floor trumps meaningless stats any day. You can put up empty numbers and points and still be a negative impact on the floor just because you're terrible/inattentive on the other end and hurt the offense overall.

19. dmoneybangbang

It's not if you want to win....

Stop being so dishonestly butt hurt and acting like WB hasn't been a good spread PNR player who has averaged more assists than Harden. It's so dishonestly stupid to suggest that the gap between Harden's and Russ playmaking is so great....

The issue is the gap between the shooting.... Why the hell wouldn't you want Harden playing more off Russ?

I can only assume you butt hurt is clouding your mind that you don't want to maximize success.

20. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Get out with that.

We need championships. You get championships by play winning basketball. You know how to defeat those double teams, don't have Harden handle the ball so much when you have a terrible shooter like Russ on the floor....

It's such an obvious fix.....