1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm not worried. things will be just fine

BaselineFade and DreamShook like this.
  2. PWR

PWR Member

Shot 65% on two pointers.
    Shot 23% on three pointers.

Gameplan - shoot more threes...lol

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We either start slow or die away in the 4th quarter.....

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dallas D has been above average and they scored over 140 pts in their last 2 games prior to this, now 137.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Terrible 3pt shooting for Harden, but it's expected considering he's shot well in the last 10 games or so from the 3pt. The other players need to step up otherwise Harden is going to burn out.

MDA has to go. You see it time and time again he isn't good enough.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IMO
    Missed threes hurt
    but
    It was a 5 point game with like 8 minutes to go
    by 4 minutes left it was back up near 20

Why?
    Missed Westbrook layup = foul on harden dallas in the penalty
    BMac cannot hold water - Doncic with an alleyopp and a 3 pt play and Harden with a 5th foul
    I think someone pointed out we took out Capela to put in BMac

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY BMAC GETS MINUTES OVER HARTY OR CLARK

Rocket River

jcmoon and DreamShook like this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I only caught about the first 8 minutes of the fourth quarter this game, and then I decided to bail. Glad I didn’t waste my time watching more of it.

CK Johnson and everyday eddie like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Both teams took 44 threes, they hit 17 and we hit 10

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDa decided to double Luca down 20 with no hope. RC doubles Harden out of the gate.

Mda has more faith in the Rockets defense to not double while the (POTENTIALLY) best defense in the league Clippers have no problems doubling.

it's coaching. Everyone is evenly matched. Mda out here coaching like this is a traveling AAU team.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Load Management?

Rocket River

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'd love for him to get double teamed as much as Harden does. I guarantee you he isn't scoring all those points.

12. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Fire Mike D'Antoni. Absolutely inexcusable that McLemore is bricking open 3 after open 3 the entire game, a grand total of 4 bench points, and Clemons is sitting there rotting on the bench. Absolutely inexcusable that an NBA coach can't coach his team to score a 4 on 3 situation every time down the court because Harden is being doubled at half court. I have been a defender of D'Antoni until now but there's no excuse for either of those.

jcmoon and Rocket River like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They don’t have the length on the perimeter to continue to exclusively switch on defense anymore. But, yet, they continue to have Capela consistently on the perimeter trying to guard quicker players. It also doesn’t help that McLemore is a mostly a turnstile on defense, and Westbrook picks and chooses when he will give effort on defense.

#813 DVauthrin, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  14. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Just like the Mavs they left McLemore open the entire game and he went 0-6 3s. This is the difference folks.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

rockets sent plenty of doubles to him all day. he doesn't have a westbrick next to him

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

We made the right adjustments but it was late in the game. Also perhaps doubling Luka with a non three point shooter, his one on one play and fouling him gave them that run.

Russ attacking the rim was good, we rebounded better later, as was getting them off the three point line.

We need a way to attack the Harden hard doubles consistently, either attacking the rim or the bench practicing catch and shoot threes more. Our bench has to perform consistently, if you're not hitting threes, make an impact rebounding, defending, adjust your effort.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, it's definitely going to be okay. Trust me. Out of this 3 game stretch we played one bad game, which was today. It sucks that we lost 3 in a row, but we will be okay. There are a few negatives that are unfortunately bugging the **** out of me today:
    • McLemore needs to be stuck to the bench. Clemons should be playing over him.
    • We have Isiah, can we please start using him he's actually been valuable in his limited minutes.
    • Russ, can we set a pick for the guy so he can keep getting to the basket?
    • We need a consistent shooter in the worst way. EG would of been out of his funk by now, it definitely hurts that he isn't on the floor.
    • Austin needs to get back to being a decent shooter from three, I can't take his hesitation **** anymore.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It would be nice. But even Harden knows he's played with pretty much average to trash players since he joined the Rockets. He knows he has to play every game.

19. PWR

PWR Member

21 point edge. That's the game right there.

20. payaso

payaso Member

Harden gets real coaches fired... he might listen to KD or LBJ when they tell him what his game needs, but neither had a smidgen of interest in playing with him in Houston.
    One day Harden will be the straight-up MAN... in the And-1 league. But the NBA has its Harden game plan now, looks like... clog the paint with length, double at half-court...and neither he nor the team is willing to add a new wrinkle.

jcmoon likes this.