1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrell + Lou Williams + Beverley = one top 10 superstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Nov 23, 2019.

?

Are they better than a top 10 superstar?

1. I’ll take them over an all star, but not superstar.

2. Yes, they are better than a superstar.

3. No, no way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AB423

AB423 Member

If we still had those players we still would’ve been a 2nd round exit

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would rather have the superstar all day long.

If the superstar is a young power forward, then I would also include two heavily protected first round picks.

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

that would be a bad contract. but hey ryan Anderson got 20 mill and parsons got overpaid...so yea there might be a team dumb enough to do that.

4. kevtse

kevtse Member

How about Westbrook for Lou + Harrell + Beverly

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This. The amount of stupidity required to believe that these role players some how add up and surpass the value of CP3 or Westbrook is mind-boggling.

We made out like bandits in that trade because we we were only competing against 3 other teams that could execute the trade. If the playing field was even, we never would have gotten CP3.

You would think the benefit of hindsight would make these people at least seem smarter. Apparently that’s not the case.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think the obvious answer is that you saw what they did last year without ‘star’ talent.

Then you throw in two of the top 10 players in the NBA. It’s why anyone who knows basketball picked them to win it all.

Basketball is a team sport but ONE player can change everything on the court much more than in baseball or football.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Talent doesnt add up. Bev is pesky but nowhere near dpoy, Lou is all offense and a streaky one. Harell is one dimension guy like Faried but a lil better.. Russell Westbrook or prime CP are/were better at basicaly everything than any of these guys

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

One player with three skills is always better than three players each has one skill.

The only downside of having one player over three players is that if that one player goes down, you lose everything.... oh wait...

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

It only makes sense if they have been better than the Rockets since they have been traded. Have they made it to the Western Conference at least? No. So having Patrick Beverley who could not make a basket, Lou who was awful in the playoffs for us, and Montrez was just sacrificed. Chris Paul was the better option. Russel Westbrook is still the better option. No way we get to the Western Conference with that team with just Harden.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Blazers make conference final without nurkic. It’s easy to make it.

Morey offer 4 firsts to get Brick.

2018, 2024, 2026, and swaps.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Me, after reading the poll question and options:

[​IMG]

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think they equal depth, OP. No more, no less. Star players and the depth of a team both affect how that team does during the course of a season, and on into the playoffs. It’s commonly thought by those who know more than I do, at any rate, that you can acquire depth, but acquiring a star player, particularly one viewed as a “superstar,” is exceedingly difficult. It’s been said more times than I can begin to remember, including from our own Daryl Morey, that getting that transcendent player who can single handedly chart the course of a franchise is the most difficult challenge faced by a GM. That, and getting a complimentary star.

After that, you fill in the depth. Due to the salary cap, if you manage A and B, fulfilling C (depth) can be really difficult. Your owner has to be willing to pay for it, because “A” and “B” are going to take a huge chunk of your cap. We’re seeing that play out with both the Rockets and the Clippers. We watched it play out, and continue to play out, with the Warriors. What the GM can conjure, and what the owner is willing to do, is so meaningful to a team.

The rest is up to the basketball gods. Does an acquired part of your depth do what you need? Does a young player take that next step, improving your depth without having to break the bank? Does the older player stay healthy, reaches a bit back in time, and plays like you hope he can? Can your team get lucky with injuries? Maybe, maybe no.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Even the man who is a 100 times better than Harden couldn't help these losers not get their asses kicked by a team that is the Rockets' b****. Stop whining so hard they're gone, there's a reason for that.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's not how you do haiku!

This is how you do haiku:

'Trez is a post guy.
    Lou is offensive magic.
    "Bev? He ain't ****." -Russ

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Damn, I didn't know when I made this post that they would go on and provide an even bigger embarrassment at a bigger stage against the same team with their "superstars" contributing to the walk of shame.

topfive likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Always a bad take.

The Clippers got worse and the Rockets went up to all-time good. You would think that would teach people how good Chris Paul is.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When you can trade supporting players for a superstar you always do it. CP3 made us a title contender, and we still could have been if not for our dumbass owner forcing a stupid trade.

Not saying we couldn't use all 3 players, but despite Williams and Harrells flashy regular season stats, both of them are postseason role players, nothing more.

HP3 and topfive like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

How come all these role players that CF stays crying over disappeared in the playoffs??

check how Lou Will has played in the playoffs for most of his career...he’s been garbage

Trezz? Dude looked bummy all postseason.

u make the CP3 trade 10 times outta 10...can’t believe anyone would actually think otherwise...actually, scratch that...I can believe it, because CF loves to fawn over the mediocre and sh*t on the elite

Rockets would’ve never made it to a game 7 of any WCF if they had kept the lovable role players...

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Almost forgot how bad bigbum threads were.

topfive, apollo33 and harold bingo like this.