1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He is such a scumbag.

astros123 and mikol13 like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Needs the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme playing

eta: found it

#1782 Buck Turgidson, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please note that he looked to the real boss, Steve Castor, for guidance there.

#SteveCastor

#1783 FranchiseBlade, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    B-Bob, KingCheetah and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"We can see why Mike Pompeo has refused to release this information to Congress,” Austin Evers, executive director of American Oversight, said in a statement. “It reveals a clear paper trail from Rudy Giuliani to the Oval Office to Secretary Pompeo to facilitate Giuliani’s smear campaign against a U.S. ambassador.”

B-Bob and da_juice like this.
  5. da_juice

da_juice Member

As they say the fish rots from the head. As plain and obvious it may seem that- at the very least- there's something seriously wrong with this; it won't matter. As my former colleague (who was our Director of Comms) once told me "the masses are asses".

The average person doesn't know nor care about things like quid pro quo, rule of law, people ignoring subpoenas etc. for them its all egghead/coastal elite talk.

I will say though- and this is coming from someone living in DC with friends/contacts on both parties, with connections who have worked and still work at the Trump administration- a lot of them are freaking out.

The think tank guys,people like my roommate (who's a conservative) don't want Trump impeached because they see it as a slight to the GOP. And to be fair, thats part of how this town operates.

However people I know in the WH/Admin (mostly mid level ppl) are freaking out that they will be forever blacklisted if he gets impeached.

I think Trump will survive impeachment and I also believe he'll get re-elected. But Dems can take solace in this- any and every serious Republican (despite their cheeky lip service of getting drinks with lobbyists at the Trump hotel and taking photos with "Daddy Trump (as some call him*); most people with real experience are leaving.

What does that mean? Well that meand Trumps second term is going to be a borderline senile Trump dictating nonsense to aides and admins that dont understand how either Washington nor the military nor the govt works. So be prepared to see a lot of crazy **** in the first weeks only to have it be overrturned.

Senate control will be big. The GOP establishment mostly cares about judicial appointments (to stem the bleeding and overturn Dem wins from the culture wars) and lower taxes.

The nightmare scenario for me is Trump refusing to step down after a close, contested loss. We have more guns than any country in the world. A divided populace. And someone who delights in exploiting divisons for his gain. Pence would be a repeat of the Bush 43 admin- but at least he cares (or seems to) about his interpretation of the Constitution, the republic etc.

Trump? Him and his family remind me of the Assads. Hafez al-Assad didnt care about Baathism; he cared abiut himself. Bashar was a spoiled rich kid in London who doesnt know how to govern. Bashar's 15 year old son has declared himself the future of Syria. Unlike Pence, Cruz, Ben Carson etc the Trump family isnt motivated by their vision of Godliness or wealth or trickle down or whatever...theyre driven by their self interest.

To put it in Middle Eastern terms, when the Taliban or ISIS take over an area they declare its part of a caliphate-its God's land. When the syrian army or a pro Assad milita would do it they would write "Assad...or the country burns".

What scares me isnt so much Trumps ideas- its that level of cult of personality.

Nook, mdrowe00, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Democracy dies with O's obtuse editorials and Mojo's dumb cartoons.

mdrowe00 and da_juice like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

rudy rudy rudy...the constant self-ownage, its so laughable (and fitting) that this guy is the legal representative of the president of the united states

superfob, da_juice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dr. Hill realizing the political errand of Trump:

-----------------

Well, I think you might recall in my deposition on October 14th that I said that very, unfortunately, I had a bit of a blowup with Ambassador-

Fiona Hill: (33:03)
    [inaudible 00:33:00] that I said that very unfortunately I had a bit of a blowup with ambassador Sondland and I had a couple of testy encounters with them. One of those was in June ’18 when I actually said to him, “Who put you in charge of Ukraine?” And I’ll admit I was a bit rude. And that’s when he told me the president, which shut me up. And this other meeting, it was about 15, 20 minutes exactly as he depicted it was, I was actually, to be honest, angry with him. And I hate to say it, but often when women show anger, it’s not fully appreciated. It’s often pushed onto emotional issues perhaps or deflected onto other people. And what I was angry about, was that he wasn’t coordinating with us. Now actually realize having listened to his deposition, that he was absolutely right, that he wasn’t coordinating with us because we weren’t doing the same thing that he was doing.

Fiona Hill: (33:55)
    So I was upset with him that he wasn’t fully telling us about all of the meetings that he was having. And he said to me, “but I’m briefing the president. I’m briefing chief of staff Mulvaney, I’m briefing secretary Pompeo and I’ve talked to ambassador Bolton. Who else do I have to deal with?” And the point is we have a robust interagency process that deals with Ukraine. It includes Mr. Holmes, it includes Ambassador Taylor, the [inaudible 00:34:21] in Ukraine, it includes a whole load of other people. But it struck me one yesterday when you put up on the screen ambassador Sondland’s emails and who was on these emails and he said, these the people who need to know that he was absolutely right. Because he was being involved in a domestic political errand and we were being involved in national security foreign policy. And those two things had just diverged.

Fiona Hill: (34:46)
    So he was correct. And I had not put my finger on that at the moment, but I was irritated with him and angry with him that he wasn’t fully coordinating. And I did say to him, “Ambassador Sondland, Gordon, I think this is all going to blow up.” And here we are.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

“CNN is learning that Democrats are looking at multiple articles of impeachment against President Trump. they include abuse of power, obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice, and bribery,” CNN’s Erin Burnett reported.

12. Buck Turgidson

What's funny is you could have typo'd "errand" "era" or "error" and it would have made total sense.

mdrowe00, Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

fox news legal analyst:

Judge Napolitano: Enough Evidence 'To Justify About Three or Four Articles of Impeachment'
    “The evidence of his impeachable behavior at this point, in my view, is overwhelming," says the Fox News analyst.
    https://reason.com/video/judge-napo...-about-three-or-four-articles-of-impeachment/

Nook, DaDakota and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Fox News, reason.com, Napolitano = Deep State

However, I just scrolled through 500 google image pics of "Judge Napolitano wearing a hat"...and there was not a single one. That man is proud of his New Jersey guido hair.

FranchiseBlade, IBTL and NewRoxFan like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Georgio has one for him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, it's gotta be a fedora.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The question voters have to ask is whether they’re okay with King powers bestowed upon the president to normalize the **** Donny has been pulling and what would get past presidents like Nixon or Reagan in deep doodoo.

Highly ironic that Republican voters are among the most distrustful of centralized power yet are supportive of massive overreaches if it’s used to sway their fears (Patriot Act- Republican Law, Homeland Security-Republican spawned, “corruption” to a country Donnie considers a shithole)...well that’s right as rain....when do I get my tax break and see less people that make me feel uncomfortable?

CometsWin likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

repugs are proving they are literally ok with anything as long as its their guy

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Circle the wagons, grab others by the pussay