1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fifth Democratic Debate NOV2019 Hotlanta

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DreamShook, Nov 20, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your girl voted for the increase as well

Tulsi Gabbard voted for Trump’s military budget increase last year. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2018/h405?fbclid=IwAR1GB9bwfeWTa2hXTfpKIPeTSUwB1-pcJ0cMYG-ijgvVxdsFOP7-cOVivvA

She also voted for sanctions in Iran, voted against withdraw in Syria and Iraq and also voted for 2 military budget increases under Obama. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">http://thescore.peaceactionwest.org/votes/rep-tulsi-gabbard

She also voted for a giant fracking and fossil fuel bill with solar panels thrown in. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/04/05/denial-house-democrats-pass-law-fossil-fuel-future

So tell us again how how she is fighting against the party or is so principled.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

By constantly focusing on trump and impeachment

Trumps strategy is all attention is good .

For those who support him it’s used to show how the media is against him

For those against him , it’s exhausting it’s fatiguing .

Astrodome and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

First, she's not my girl lol. Bernie's my guy.

Second, she's still verbally bucking norms by openly saying she wants to withdraw from the middle east, wants to do peace meetings with adversaries both of those are the correct positions IMO, that non of the candidates will say outside of Her, Bernie and Yang. Even if she's closetedly voting status quo on numerous bills. Being pro-military is such the norm that even the person arguing to be the most non-interventionist is still relatively, very pro-military. She's wrong for voting for the budget increase.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The ratings say otherwise.

MSNBC ratings have gone through the roof since Trump has been in office.

And people know what they are tuning in for when they go there just like Fox.

Yet you still never explained how this gets Trump reelected and Trump and impeachment has not been a topic in debates until a debate happened right in the middle of it.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you like that a person is all talk and no action?

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You literally just made my point for me

It’s in msnbc’s best interests for trump to remain in office so he can be their perpetual outrage machine .... and drive ratings

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just ask Rachel Maddow

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

That's your point?

This is all a master plan to keep Trump in office by MSNBC.

Really?

justtxyank likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dude , you’re the one who focused in on that one sentence in my entire post .

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are the one who said that sentence was your point.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like the positions she's taking in the debates/the media yes, even if she does have some contradicting or confusing votes like budget increases, not withdrawing from Syria/Iraq (but I'm not sure of the details of that bill.

But she also voted for leaving afgan, voted for ending forever wars, voted for stopping deployment in Iraq without congress approval, supporting diplomatic attempts with NK, and multiple other bills that I approve of. That isn't "no action".

13. Major

Major Member

Do you know *why* Dems voted for the military budget increase?

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes . I was stating my reasoning for saying that sentence. Then in your response , you basically lined out the reasoning yourself. Hence I said you were making my point .

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yep, Harris is also my third. All three of them are about the right age, have good experience, moderate, pragmatic, likable, and reasonable.

baller4life315 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Tulsi is a panderer. She explains all issues in a superficial platitudic way with no nuance and just says red meat.

I also don't like how she uses her middling officer rank as a non combat medical adminstrative staff member experience as a qualification to be president with some magical insight on how to be a better commander in chief because of said experience. A E-3 Lance corporal who was a fireteam leader in an infantry squad has more experience commanding troops in relevant combat situations. Throwing around her service like that is pretty unsettling to many combat military veterans.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you've really convinced me on this point

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For those of us that missed the debate entirely, SNL was kind enough to summarize, with excellent cameos.

ryan_98, FrontRunner, Major and 2 others like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pretty sure from this that Sanders won the debate ;)

B-Bob likes this.