1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I always have to remind myself this is a long season. Rockets had some bad losses in the 60+ win season too.

hakeem94, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont see why you are focusing so much on this one shot.... this is not why we lost

CCity Zero, D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Tucker was also literally wide open for like a good second or 2 there if Westbrook chose to look over. Westbrook also had a good amount of space to drive into the paint. Not sure why he thought going for a 3pt shot with 7 seconds to go when we're only down by 1 was a smart shot, especially when he was missing a lot tonight.

BasketMAD, ElPigto and pippendagimp like this.
  4. jowman

jowman Member

Harden, capela, Harrell have gotten better since then. Lou will has somehow become a scoring machine. Bev was always a fan favorite.

No way to tell they couldn’t have won a championship.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We gonna act like 4 fouls in the first minute did not disrupt our defense
    And start the parade to the line for the clippers
    On the other end
    We could not buy calls

Rocket River

CCity Zero, jcf, jboslett and 7 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Or better shape like PG after his shoulder surgery? House doesnt just need to hit shots, he plays pretty good defense unlike Mclemore.

jcmoon likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The FT disparity was crazy at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the refs had to make it up.

8. JackLordsHair66

Agree with you entirely but that’s why some of us are mad at Russ because he is so anti clutch he’s gotta have a higher bbiq on that play and yet I bet he’s done that dowsing of times and probably doesn’t hit that 3... if he drives something is highly likely going to open up a much higher % shot there it was just plain dumb. He knew he isn’t Harden yet he tried to be on that play. He did have some other gray contributions but he was 1-7 on 3s and missed 4 FT that’s just not gonna cut it against these more stacked teams in the league super frustrating

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know if he was gassed, but harden's perimeter defense in the 4th was atrocious. there were 3 straight defensive possessions on the right side where he allowed his man to get right by him leading to buckets. you can't win big games like that

hakeem94 and BasketMAD like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think it really had to do with him being in the bonus so early and he had 4 fouls already.

hard to play aggressive D under those circumstances.

none the less we lost it is painful because the clippers are widely seen as the title favorites and we should have 2 wins on them already.

it’s all good we need House and Gordon Back and also Russ needs to get in the film room and see that all he ever needs to do is attack the paint no more 3s.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I will say that the early season low-effort stuff that bothered us in the first few games seems to be completely gone. This team is doing pretty well on defense because they're hustling and trying, which makes me more excited about our ceiling.

We had a lot of chances to win this game, but we couldn't pull it out. For those saying we choked or whatever, that is absolutely not true. Choking is what we did against Mavs and the Nets last season, this year's team doesn't seem to have that problem (or at least I haven't seen it yet.) For all of Westbrook's faults, the energy he brings is contagious and much-needed, and I'm glad we have him.

The Rockets still have a long way to go before they even touch their potential. Some are coming out with the "I told you so"s already, but that's waaaay too premature. I'm looking to the next game...we still owe Doncic for what he did to us last season, and I hope the Rox can blow the Mavs out.

CCity Zero, jcmoon, pr0wler and 5 others like this.
  14. JackLordsHair66

Sure felt that way didn’t it. I was a bit shocked had so many more FTs at that point and then boom they were on the line every other possession that killed us yet we lead most of the second half

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Lots of coaches do that though? Ive seen Kerr and Popavich do that before.

Man...we were down two key rotation players. I know it looks bad but we can improve, lots of good things to take away from this.....sigh im still pissed though haha.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

For sure being down House and Gordon was the biggest factor.

17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

harrell was already running over to help to clog the lane and take a charge as soon as westbrook got that ball...look at the video. there was no layup there.

18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the bigger mistake was when austin rivers turned that ball over trying to get the ball back to james, which led to an easy two points...he should have shot it! or drove...

D-rock likes this.
  19. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

I don't think too many people expected us to win but we had a chance and to lose in the manner we did is pretty frustrating. And maybe we're just more critical of our own team but it seems we consistently make more low IQ plays than other contending teams. Even worse you know Harden is going to take the heat for this L even though he played exceptionally outside of missing a few free throws.

HP3 likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not true at all. He had so much space to run into the lane.... mostly because 2 were already on Harden. Heck, even Tucker was wide open for a corner 3pt for a good second or 2. I guarantee you if Westbrook uses his speed and uses that space he had, it probably would have won us the game.

hakeem94 and HardenUsedSTEPBACK like this.