1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No time out?!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Macdaddy91

Macdaddy91 Member

Fire D’Antoni thread merge if needed.. but wow

How he doesn’t call a time out after kawhi hits that go ahead jumper blows me away.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

MDA is a drooling idiot.

Highlyrated likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He's a ****ing idiot. We clearly didn't have a plan on what to do.

Such a night and day illustration of the two coaches.

We didn't even get a stop , I could understand if it was in transition , but i mean Harden was on the ****ing floor after their make. There isnt a coach in the NAB that doesn't call a Timeout there. MDA is that scared of in bounding vs LAC ? Thats the only explanation. And its a shitty explanation because its a 1 point game lol , you can go to the rim , the 3 ... it doesnt matter.

Joke of a coach.

4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He's the reason why we haven't and won't win a championship.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

At least he used his coach's challenge.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Eh it was smart doesn't allow there defense to set up. This is more on Westbrook and his low IQ

SamFisher, Lawlruschang and Nelly like this.
  7. Macdaddy91

Macdaddy91 Member

Hell no. An offensive minded coach HAS to call a time out and draw up a play. So much time wasted bringing it up the floor to let harden get doubled. Stop it.

ballhandling and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i think "my superstar has been knocked to the ground" is probably a pretty good rule for when to call an automatic late game timeout. i don't think the defense was thrown off by harden having to pick himself up for the first 3 seconds of the play.

Lawlruschang and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You cant expect us to win big games because of MDA's coaching in a close one.

He has never delivered.

It is not going to change.

Highlyrated likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

but is it too much to ask that he takes a imeout that 99.9% of other coaches take

Like i said . Harden was on the ****ing floor when we inbounded. Like in what world can you see that and think, " oh yeah this will work great as our last play of the game." ?

SO mind mindbogglingly bad

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes.

Too much to ask out of Mike.

lol

Highlyrated and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Didn't take WB out for the final play. Fire him.

Bearded13 likes this.
  13. carib

carib Member

All being well the Rockets have/will develop a few go too plays for when it is a close game in the final minute and keep practicing for some more close games with some of these very competitive Western conference teams. Whether there is a time out or not have some of these plays that they can run in 7 to 8 seconds etc with the starters on the floor. Some of plays should probably include Harden being double team and passing the ball to a shooter or a driver to the paint. Years ago it was Harden driving and then stopping close to the paint, or CP3 driving and getting to his spot close to the paint. Teams expect threes and lay ups only from the Rockets, but in a late game situation for a close game that would throw the defense off.

14. smp

smp Member

The good thing about this loss and the way it happened is that it’s an opportunity for the team to learn how to close out a game vs a very good playoff team.

We should have called time out. We should not let Westbrook shoot a 3. We need a plan for Harden double teams on the final shot. We need to protect the 3 point line when you know the other team has to shoot them to catch up.

Had we won they probably wouldn’t even look at these mistakes. Fortunately for us, this lesson only cost us a regular season game instead of a critical playoff game.

jcmoon, fattz, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

scott foster and adam silver say hi!

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s the point. You call a timeout, create a game plan so you don’t have to rely on Westbrook’s “low IQ.”

17. jcf

jcf Member

Seeing this again gets my angry all over again. What a rip.

18. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I agree with you. Before the clippers scored ,I was thinking that rockets could of gameplanedd for russ to drive in and push the pace if Clippers had scored.Kinda of getting them off guard .but instead what happened was that james got doubled and russ took the 3 which was obviously goin to brick. Historically hes not a good 3 point shooter.