1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2019.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Russ is not your clutch shooter. If anything bad decision by Harden. He needs to KYP. Know your “personell”.

2. smp

smp Member

Exactly. Does everyone want old ass CP3 back instead? I don’t get it.

MrSabotage and pippendagimp like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Cant blame russ.

Everyone that played tonight ( outside of maclemore who was a mix of Ok and Dogshit) played pretty well.

Can blame
    1. Gordon and House being out
    2. MDA . He clearly had no plan for what to do when James wasnt on the floor, as evidenced by Harden's 42 minutes tonight. Also by CLint's 40. Didnt try hartenstein , didnt try clark, shortened the rotation in the second half, didnt challenge Russ' 5th , didnt call a TO and draw a play. The saddest thing is you could have predicted the PJ , Harden, and Clint would all play 40 tonight and that we'd run out of gas. Its an MDA special. If we arent blowing another team out he only has 2 moves. 1) go small 2) play fewer players ... sometimes i guess he combines them so its really 3 options.
    3. refs sucked.
    4 commentators were some of the biggest haters ive ever had to listen to
    5. camera angle sucked

what a shitty end to a fantastic EFFORT by our players , tho our execution was lacking at times. Cant say i appreciated the coaching staff's effort. When teams double or trap a player .. it SHOULD result in easy offense for the rest of the team. It doesn't take a coaching genius to make that adjustment. MDA can get credit for letting russ take 2's and letting our power forwards shoot short shots around the basket, but really thats just common sense.

**** , I'm pissed

Little Bit likes this.
  4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Man, this game proves we still need help (I know Gordon out but still). Clips got 3 high quality shot makers and a beast hitting the boards every time. They double Harden and our guys just too inconsistent. We still need a SF shot maker/finisher. Westbrook gotta always be in ‘attack the rim’ mode and not pull up the 3 mode. He will figure it out (I hope)

5. rockets13champs

Man none of us would be heated rn if we didn’t get those damn 4 fouls at the beginning of the 4th. That **** cost us the game, and put us in this situation. When we had gotten 2 in a row we should have regrouped. That gave them legit so many free throws I can’t even remember but it was around 16 free throws in the fourth. That’s unacceptable. We are a much better team than the clips if we can control a game like this having house, and Gordon out. If Gordon was in the game last min, he shoots that instead of Russ. And I think it’s a diff story

6. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

So true, when we were up by 5 with 1 minute to go I knew deep down we were in trouble.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, big picture man.

Harden with just Lou, Harrell and Bev is not a championship contender, no matter how much you think it is. Harden with CP3 was a championship contender.

Rocket River, smp, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Please tell we how we're not dumb? Capela couldn't catch an easy pass.... and then he tried to go up with a contested layup. Then we allowed 2 wide open corner 3pt shots..... then MDA shows how poor of a coach he really is without using a timeout when it was needed.

MDA is literally the reason Harden has never won a NBA championship. People can hate on Harden all they want, but I'm so sick of MDA making stupid ass decisions all the time. Oh, and Capela has to go. He makes far too many dumb decisions out there..... and he's very limited.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

"Westbrook is a below average shooter" takes are so fresh. That type of amazing original content analysis is why I visit cf.net.

10. DLX94

DLX94 Member

8 game winning streak snapped.....2 game losing streak unleashed. Let's go Rockets!

11. realonemo

realonemo Member

I needed to see how Dantoni would react in a game like this. I just can't trust this guy to lead them to a championship. The amount of blown games last year was alarming to me. Not to mention the zero adjustments in playoff series (suns and rockets).

everyday eddie and PeterKingX like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Dude was shooting less than 23% from 3 heading into tonight. He was 1-6 from 3 when he decided to be the hero and chuck up another brick with plenty of time left. There was much better options at a better play as anything but a Russ 3 at that point would’ve been better. You play the percentages. Not only does Russ ****ing suck at shooting and decision making he is stubborn to top it off.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He Bobbled it instead of grabbing it like a man and finishing the play

14. WestendMassive

*peep* foul on apollo33, 2 shots Kawhi

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

While the Rockets were missing Gordon and House, let's not ignore that PG and Kawhi are on minutes restrictions. In the Playoffs, Kawhi will play 10 more minutes, so will PG. So we aren't playing the same Clippers for 48 minutes.

everyday eddie likes this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i saw the fakers-thunder game before this. cp3 can barely play half the game and when he does he's strictly a complimentary player now, letting schroeder and SGA carry the load on the perimeter

smp likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

can't blame Russ, Harden was double team by clippers at the time. When EG comes back, Harden can kick it out to EG/House in situation like that.
    we should be fine when everyone's healthy.
    still F these refs!

jcmoon likes this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

ITS ALL GOOD....THEY GOT NO CHANCE IN A SERIES WITH EG AND HOUSE....two of our best shooters and defenders?

these dudes are a bunch of posers and the refs let them back in the game, ok?

it hurts for a minute and then you realise -- just like they do -- that we're a better team against them and they got lucky.

If they go with that double team when we're fully loaded we'll be ready. If they go MAN, harden will cook them all day/

WestendMassive, smp and HP3 like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Another reason why Capela has to go. I want to give Capela the benefit of the doubt, but he makes too many mistakes.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you, I was never a fan of the trade but at this point this is our team. Just gotta keep looking forward, trade happened long ago.

Paul wasn't exactly great last season either although I do trust he would be at least hitting open shots (although I do remember him starting off the year bad last season as well)

xaos likes this.