1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Harden's Doing That's Not Gonna Carry Him To Championship - Rockets Legend Tracy McLady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Nov 19, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for the past 6 games he's shooting more threes than 40%.

An he is passing and assisting at a tremendous rate his teammates are simply not just making them

2. deshen

deshen Member

so said a man who couldn't pass the first round of playoffs in his career.

3. dmoneybangbang

Do you think 6 games is better sample size than previous seasons? I sure hope this 6 game turnover sample size isn’t sustainable.

I think this version of Harden has a ceiling that you are underestimating. I guess we will see.

4. dmoneybangbang

Maybe? Maybe Harden is stubborn? Maybe Harden wants the MVP the most?

I have no idea. I think it’s clear that Harden is less inclined to adapt his game for his teammates. If you want to assume this is the absolute best version of Harden for the Houston Rockets, then I disagree.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It's like we're not watching the same game. How many ties did Harden pass to ball to a wide open teammate last night or any other time he's been doubled teamed? He get's crucified when he shoots too much and when he makes the correct pass.
    It's a big assumption to say he wants the MVP, he's already acknowledged it's a media driven award and agreed with Kobe that it's not the ideal way to win. But until someone can replicate what CP3 did (Harden magically adapted??) and actually help carry the load (Hell make a open 3!!) it's ignorant to assume or state that it's simple decision on Harden part.

HP3 likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

Love your avatar. Where did you get it from?

7. dmoneybangbang

All I said is that I agree with McGrady and Zach Lowe that this version of Harden won’t be able to carry a team to the championship with this style of play.

Too many folks on here can’t take any criticism of Harden even though he’s arguably the second greatest ever at his position.

SWTsig likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's right though. When's the last time a team reliant on a single player this much won a title. It's never really happened. Other teams have multiple all stars. Morey didn't build a championship roster if it's based on Harden averaging 40 to win.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. plates300

plates300 Member

Harden’s amazing talent and skill...this system lets him put up amazing numbers and yet it’s the same system that will keep him from winning it all. I hate that the only shots the rockets take are 3 pointers and at a high volume when they don’t even have good shooters on the floor. Harden’s court vision and passing would lead to great cuts and easy mid range shots yet everyone just camps on the three point line. It’s so aggravating...even when it’s a wide open three, not everyone is going to hit that shot every time. It’s unrealistic. Until there’s a change in what kind of shots the rockets take and how the offense is run, I don’t know if Harden can win it all. Maybe all the stars will align and Lady Luck will help him but I’m not hopeful for such.

Sanctity likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

This. Too many folks are ignoring what’s being sad and getting their panties in a bunch about TMac.

11. Blurr#7

I saw it on a random google search lol
    I wasn’t disagreeing with what Tmac said, Harden has acknowledged this himself. I was speaking on the assumption that Harden hasn’t adapted to his teammates which he has.

12. dmoneybangbang

It seems like he's still playing like CP3 is next to him, same "my turn, your turn" and same hanging out past the 3 point line when he doesn't have the ball. I'm not saying Harden hasn't adapted at all, just not sufficiently.

WB is a different type of player than CP3.

13. Blurr#7

And that got us 65 wins, an MVP and one hammy away from dethroning the Warriors. Obviously CP3 is different than Westbrook but he still getting his numbers.
    And the whole thing about hanging out at the 3 point line is extremely overblown. I’ve watched every “superstar” do the same thing countless times.
    If you think Harden is gonna start running off pin downs like Rip Hamilton you’re not asking for adaptation you want a completely different player.

HP3 likes this.
  14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Are there still people on this site actually stanning for Vagrady?

Pretty sure I have every last one of them on ignore.

Vagrady was the original #NotAnEmployee

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

as extraordinary as harden has been this season it's still very hard to imagine this style of play carrying us to a title. it's simply too dependent on one player going supernova game in, game out - something that becomes exponentially harder in a long series against a good opponent. i'd really love to see some variety in style that take advantage of harden's passing abilities and wb's transition and driving skills, even if it's just to keep opposing teams on their toes.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so that's not on Harden. it's morey / mda / rest of the team to step up