1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden doesn't get enough shots.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattician, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

What, are you crazy?! The more the better. I think he should get 25-40 FGA per game. I wouldn't even be upset if it's more than 40. Even if it's 20+ 3s.

The team gets so many wide open 3 point shots. Why can't some of those be taken by Harden? Westbrook creates so many wide open looks by driving and kicking it out to a spot up shooter.

I wish I could say I have some advanced stats or analytics, but I don't. I just feel more confident in Harden than most of the roster right now.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has WBrook now.

I noticed that Capela's field goal attempts are down, so are some others.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Capella was IGNORED in the 2nd half.

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Harden does a great job of assessing the opportunities the defense gives. He understands his dominant offense skills with the ball but the importance of the other players being a threat.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Capela wasn't ignored. Denver's double team took Clint out of the game offensively. Harden was waiting too long to initiate offense.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Westbrook 22 shots
    Harden 16 shots

Simply put, Westbrook should not be taking any shots with Harden on the floor unless its a fastbreak and an easy layup

Harden should be shooting 25-30 shots a night, and Westbrook under 10, most of which need to happen when Harden is off the floor.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think you can control that in the heat of the moment.

WB will be chucking because he feels there is no other superstar saving the team.

8. Mr. Space City

James Harden is still human, and humans still get tired. This isn't 2K.

9. Mattician

Mattician Member

Which is why I'd like to see him get more catch and shoot 3s. Especially when Westbrook is on the floor because he can create open looks.

I'd rather Harden take those shots instead of McLemore, Rivers, Sefolosha, etc.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if both wb/harden are on the floor together, guys are going to get open looks. but the 1 person that's going to get the least of them is harden

why would harden be open instead of ben, rivers, thabo etc. that's not what is happening on the floor

11. Mr. Space City

It would also mean that harden would have to give up some of that usage and be a more off the ball player, which he hasn't been for a few years now.

Westbrook got a lot of open looks for Paul George but PG also wasn't handling the ball as much as harden and creating as much offense off isos as harden.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah, that's my one gripe with Harden. Each year he says he's willing to play off the ball more. Yet it doesn't happen.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We need to implement the GSW Moving screen offense.....

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm fine with feeding WB until New years

15. dmoneybangbang

Well Harden wouldn't be open because he doesn't try to be. We can mix up styles....

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure you can but any opposing defense well assuming theyre smart are typically going to leave the others open rather than harden. now of course miscommunication and mistakes happen but over the course of an entire game you can count on harden being left open the least

17. dmoneybangbang

I think Harden can manage the hockey assist.

I just believe Harden is going to have to play of the ball moreso (not standing off but moving off ball) in order to maximize the WB/Harden pairing since one of those guys can't shoot very well.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

it goes both ways. WB should be moving off the ball as well. especially when yeah his jumpshot is broken

19. dmoneybangbang

I certainly agree that WB should be taking less shots and needs to adjust as well. Overall, we know what the strengths and weaknesses are and we know whose team this is.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Agree, he should get at least 40 points each game