1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell WestBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 21, 2019.

1. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Still rather Westbrook.

I find comfort when I know he's in. He takes some dummy shots but some of those shots are the reason we have the record we have. At times it stills looks like they are getting a feel for each other. The burst of greatness is what I'm hoping the end result will be.

It's already been proven good players do good on lesser teams. CP3 being decent doesn't shock me

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

lol- the rockets are 11-4 and yall out here having a heart attack . this is ridiculous man..
    Russ has actually been a factor in winning games (The dude has been great in a lot of 4th quarters), this dude is a beast in the playoffs.
    Westbrook will start shooting better once hes fingers are better...

BigShasta likes this.
  3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Also the looks he is giving the shooters. At one point in this season , westbrook will get 20+ assist in a game

jamisonrocket likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Westbrook should really keep himself in check with the midrange bricks, that's the only thing i don't like about him, when he does that is exactly like Dwight asked for postups...i hope at some point he'll change that but i'm not exactly expecting this, and i do think it may cost us games when it'll matter, but time will tell i guess.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

for those killing Westbrook, the team has a +16.1 net rating with him on the court at home...the problem is that the team has a -13.8 net rating with him on the court when on the road

so we know the team can play very well with him on the floor despite his abundant bricks...we need that home positivity to travel with us on the road

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Westbrook can make things happen in transition, otherwise I don't see how we're better than last season when facing good opposition, maybe a little worse. The record looks great, but that's due to an easy schedule and Harden. Any team with Harden is gonna win 50 games, that's not an accomplishment anymore.

Last year if teams took Harden out of the game, CP3 wasn't explosive enough to beat his man and make things happen. It's still early, but I'm seeing the same issue with Westbrook. Not in that he lacks explosion, he's just not making things happen in a significant way. Westbrook was supposed to make people pay for over covering Harden. He got off to a great start, but since the first 3 games his TS% is a putrid 47% and he's only generating 6 assists while taking 20 (often poor) shots per game.

The song remains the same, slow down Harden (or if he struggles) and you've usually beaten the Rockets. I never thought Westbrook made us noticeably worse, but at the time of the trade, and from what I've seen now, we gave up a lot to move laterally. And now we are stuck with this, nothing to trade creatively and an owner that won't spend.

juanm34 and J.R. like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Garbage in garbage out, the issue is we have an extra year of the smell.

DD

BleedsRocketRed, Gray_Jay and J.R. like this.
  8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Yep. Even with how bad his shooting has been, teams are ultra aware of him

9. smp

smp Member

I agree. The question is not about whether or not Westbrook is the perfect player. It’s about who is better between current CP3 and Westbrook. Even beyond that, who is the better future asset between CP3 and Westbrook.

In my opinion, Westbrook gives us a better chance to win a championship now than current CP3 would. We were lucky to unload CP3 and his bloated contract. We were really lucky to get back a player with Westbrook’s talent. Westbrook will also be more valuable in the future than CP3.

You had to make that trade. Maybe you parlay Westbrook into another “asset” but there’s no question he’s a better trade piece than an old, washed up, extremely overpaid CP3.

10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

man, it's obvious from game one already, WB is just not an intelligent player, yeah, he plays hard and he has his advantages, but he continues to abandon his advantage and expose his shortcomings, he should not be shooting 3s like crazy, he should be mainly looking for quick attacks off the dribble or transitions, i am ok with a couple wide open 3s a game, but taking 10, some of them contested while shooting less than 30% is dumb. some one needs to tell him, he is a bad shooter, stop pretending like he is, take advantage of his physical abilities man

weopeo9744 likes this.
  11. heads.up

heads.up Member

Lol wut? I thought people would be complaining about our role players giving us a big fat zero the entire night. Westbrook and Harden were the only ones to remotely show up. Ben McLemore was bricking wide open shots off the side of the backboard all night, Austin Rivers was equally terrible clanking just about everything from distance. Selfolosha threw up junk, and Capela didn't want to play defense all night as well. Even Harden was being lazy AF walking into double teams, throwing lazy passes out of them and showing tons of low energy. But we got people coming hard after Westbrook? Lol.

BeBreezy likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love everything Westbrook adds to our team. The only criticism I can add is that he needs to take less 3 pt shots and Tucker should take more.

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Forget about this birst of greatness you talking about aint happening. To be great you got to work at being great. As you can see by looking at his stats that needs to be improve greatness want be shining anytime soon. Which is mind boggling for me for a guy that wants to win a championship.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He’s a negative WAR player so far. Unless he turns things around in a major way, this will be hard to overcome

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

CP on the other hand is a +WAR player. Both are on bad contracts. No point regretting what’s transpired, but the concerns are real

16. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. BleedsRocketRed

I don't understand why all of you are suddenly shocked and upset honestly.

This is who Westbrook has been his entire career all along. Maybe its because a lot of you have watched him from afar and only through highlights and the sexy 3D's. This is who he is, and always has been his entire career. Flashy statistics accompanied by terrible efficiency. Its been his number 1 criticism his whole career. His WAR currently is not good, which is alarming.

Get used to it, because thinking this is going to change is wishful thinking. Not trying to tell you all how to think, but just trying to give you some context and expectations.Paul is gone so its a moot point regarding him. Doesn't matter anymore and no need to cry over spilled milk.

However, he is literally the anti-Rockets philosophy of the last 10 years.

BeBreezy and harold bingo like this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not too worried about it. Yeah, he has a lot of nights where he plays like crap. And yeah, the contract is hilariously bad. But he's a friend of Harden and might keep Harden from requesting a trade.

19. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Why is the contract hilariously bad? He is a Top 10 (or 15) player, still in his prime. Most athletic guy in the league, outruns even the youngest NBA player. What'd you expect him to play for the Minimum? or a Role player's salary? By the time he isn't all those things anymore, his contract will also be up....This isn't a 34 year old on a 4 year contract....So what's the problem?

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Everyone is overreacting over 1 loss,the team looked tired ,we will bounce back from this,also keep in mind eg hasnt played ,once he returns and starts having fun again some of those russ shots will be taken by eg .