1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the 76ers consider a trade with Ben Simmons for a good offer?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, Nov 20, 2019.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Hell no. Trade Richardson, Tobias and Horford before even considering that. He can make it work without a reliable jumper, he just needs the right players and coach around him.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares how worse he looks lol. He is still a better building block than Embiid who is a wrong jump away from retirement.

Not everyone needs to be a legit 3 pt shooter just surround him with shooters, give him the ball and that would be fine already. Their main issue isn't Simmons it is Harris, their GM is awful got Harris at a huge premium and he just hasn't been that good.

3. omgTHEpotential

Injury concerns aside though, Embiid and Simmons aren't even comparable when it comes down to talent, imo. If I had to build a team from scratch there are at least 10 players 25 or under that I would take over Simmons. You're kinda right about Embiid though, why doesn't he slim down to 260 pounds or something? You don't need to be 290 or whatever he is right now to defend down low, that's just excessive.

malakas and plutoblue11 like this.
  4. ilias

ilias Member

A Simmons for McCollum trade would make sense for both teams. Blazers can slip Hood or Bazemore in the SG spot, they improve their D and finally get a starting quality forward. CJ a better fit for the Sixers next to Embiid.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is getting better, 1st made 3 after 2 years.

malakas, MVP4THREE and BigShasta like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

BaselineFade and Vivi like this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They're really anti-Tobias Harris in Philly now. If management is regretting that signing I'd be happy to give them Westbrook for SImmons/Harris.

malakas likes this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

**** the threes, this guy is amazing all around

MVP4THREE likes this.
  9. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

[​IMG]

his username is Melo, so his analysis makes sense

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's a difference between a young talented player that's willing to improve to be a better player and a young talented player that refuses to do so. Simmons, up until this season, has been the latter and that's why I said back then the Sixers should try and command top return/dollar for him via trade. This year...who knows what is going through his head. Is he truly wanting to be a better scorer by taking 3s? He's an undeniable talent but he's also not making the best of decisions from a growth standpoint.

11. omgTHEpotential

He's not gonna take another three-pointer this season and will finish as a 100% 3PT shooter.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That might all be true - but that's not exactly an unbiased observer.

The defining theme of Simmons brief NCAA career was how patently absurd Simmons found the idea of having to do a one year unpaid apprenticeship and pretend to be a "student-athlete" when he was clearly ready to go to the NBA at that age. And he was obviously correct in that regard, at least as far as being a basketball player.

I'm not surprised the assistnat coach would have that view. Guys like Simmons are a direct threat to their livelihood.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rival Teams Starting To Prepare For Possibility Of 76ers Trading Joel Embiid

The Philadelphia 76ers are currently fifth in the Eastern Conference as they have been one of the NBA's more disappointing teams with questions continue to surround the viability of Brett Brown as head coach and whether Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons can fit alongside each other.

"I've got lead executives talking to me as we go through this, hours and hours and hours that I spend on the phone in and around the deadline, even after the deadline," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "Some of the worst for me is the three days of debriefing calls that these guys... I'm very appreciative, I mean I do it. I was on the phone until almost midnight Pacific time after the deadline talking to people.

"But anyways, one of the conversations people are starting to have in the league is 'will they move Embiid? What's the price? Where would he go?'

"I'm not going to get into that, but my point is people are talking about that. I don't think they would do that without making an adjustment to the head coach. It's such a radical thing, but the fact that we're in mid-February and the people who work in the league, who have to prepare in advance, are mulling over Joel Embiid potentially coming to market, whether that's true or not... I mean, Josh Harris can come on this podcast and deny it if he wants, but the fact people are talking about it, is not good. It's a symptom of where they are."

Vivi likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

How you feel about this now with Westbrook running the show in Rockets uniform? Give Simmons same spacing and he will be just as good

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Embiid is the one to go first.

[​IMG]

17. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

[​IMG]

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

1. you can talk like that to your school friends
    2. your argumentation suggest otherwise

19. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

[​IMG]

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Hinkie's curse lives!

The process was a beautiful thing and Adam Silver ruined it with Colangelo nepotism.

Sixers deserve to be the next Knicks -- wandering in the desert, lost for decades.