1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/20/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We match up very well with the Nuggets, Mike just needs to game plan better.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was trying not to bring up that name. . . with the House injury

Harden really looked gassed to nite
    people say lazy . . i say tired

Rocket River

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He came up with Clemons. I don't care if Clemons gives up size, he looks like a damn good scorer and he should be playing over Ben. The fact that Ben can't hit open threes is a huge issue.

HP3, jcmoon and HardenUsedSTEPBACK like this.
  4. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I ask again the same thing I asked all last season: this team has not developed alternatives on offense?
    It is the same story over and over again, if we don't hit the three-point shots we lose inevitably. It is tremendously predictable.

bro2044 and amaru like this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I really didn't come away from this game impressed by Denver. The Rox were just bad tonight.

bro2044 likes this.
  6. JackLordsHair66

Agree this is NOT the same Denver team as last year, their D was porous, now it's very disciplined and we were anything but that tonight. I don't like this match up at all especially with their depth. We lose House again and Ego always seemed shoot well against Denver. Not a good look for Rockets tonight at all

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely tired. He had a damn double team the whole night. His teammates need to show up.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

and they need to run clemons off some screens as well to create movement. All in All some losses have their value. The Nuggets presented some problems that MDA needs to fix. The Nuggets prepared like it was a 7 game series and the Rockets prepared like it was preseason

9. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

doesn’t matter Wiggins or not that same Timberwolves team beat the jazz on that back to back in Utah. They are playing decent ball, clippers were good without PG, up 16 on the bucks. Yes today loss wasnt good need more from our gys

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And this team collectively is full of below average three point shooters hoisting up a **** ton of them.

bro2044 likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

I disagree with Harden point. He made the right plays for the most part. Role players have to hit shots when their man traps him. They failed miserably tonight.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden always gets the blame when we lose. He shot 50% from the FG, had 27 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds and had 3 steals. He had a good game. As you just said, you can't expect him to drop 40 plus every night, especially against team like the Nuggets.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  13. fchowd0311

He only got doubled after holding on to the ball for a 5 seconds.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We do not matchup well with this year's Nuggets, we need a big with range to counter our poor shooting at the PG spot.

DD

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

To be fair, Rockets have been missing key players in most of our games as well. We should've beaten the Bucks and Nuggets, but that Heat game was just pathetic. We can own our losses, but I'm not going to diminish our wins.

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

17. amaru

amaru Member

8-34 from deep tonight. (Excluding Harden going 4-8 out there)

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I feel like the double team pretty much swung the game for them, all those turnovers were because of that. Westbrook...is well, hes good but he also needs to shoot better.
    Yea, , I feel like its like half james, and like half dudes not being able to shoot when they get it. That double team was really what killed us and they know it. James also I dont feel particularly had it tonight.

I would rather see a broke Luc than Mcelmore right now.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden wasn't his aggressive self tonight though. His teammates had a lot of open shots and should make them but Harden usually is more aggressive than he was tonight.

HP3 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

His teammates were horrible today. Hence why I expected Harden not not allow the defense to double him and instead make his move early before the double comes. But he didn't do that and just settled for the double.

roxallways and HP3 like this.