1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HARTENSTEIN HATERS GO HOME

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Nov 16, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Harrell. Playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Well this is awkward. You don't understand when someone is being facetious. :shrug:

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ya that's great but how come there are no videos of iHart passing?

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Man I think D’Antoni is being soft with Chandler. Maybe he’s scarred from Nene but Chandler is younger and has less mileage on his legs the. Mutumbo in 2006 when he was playing every night and not no sparingly minutes either. We had a proud tradition of center in Their twilight(mutmbo and camby)

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

MDA coaching like he is on a 1 year deal!!!!!!! Tilman needs to sign him to a 1 year extension to keep him hungry.

MDA coaches better when he is hungry

SamFisher and Pringles like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Hartenstein is definitely a good reliable backup center.
    I think the Capela/Chandler/Harty - this is a good rotation
    Soon will be Capela/HArty/Chandler

Rocket River

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's not as good against teams with great guards. Which is a lot of teams. He ends up getting switch out, or picking up a driving guard often, which then puts him out of position for rebounds. He doesn't have a really great/quick "double-jump", so he can't contest on drives while also being well positioned enough to board. This isn't necessarily a problem if the rest of the team rebounds.... but in a league where most teams have above average guards, this is something he has to really really work on.

TWolves are not in the teams with above average guard play.

All that aside, he still seemed to play with more confidence and even though he was -6, the only negative +/- guy of the night, it was still an improvement over how he had been playing historically when given select minutes.

All that said.... again, it's a guards league. Nuggets, Clippers, Mavs, Heat, Hawks, Spurs, Raptors, Suns, Kings coming up. Perhaps Jokic is a better matchup for him. Nuggets aren't exactly PnR, dribble penetrate all day offense. In ANY case, he needs to keep giving solid 10 mpg over this next stretch, or he'll find himself back in the doghouse....

HewbieTrippin, FrontRunner and jcmoon like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely continued playing with more confidence in his 2nd game w/ minutes. Would be really huge if he and TC are both able to be put on the floor on any given night. unfortunately, that just means nene's time here is probably creeping to an official end if IHart can continue to stay on the floor

9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I like the russel Hart pick and roll....If hart gets fouled on the roll, he can hit his free throws....I hope to see them work on this throughout the year....

I also like how Hart sets back picks opeining up the three point shooter especially in the corner while he's near the paint.

I think his perimeter defense is good enough for a center against a lot of teams...its definitely better than chandlers which is why he had to be put in against the Timberwolves when they were trying to run us off the floor....His defense in that game was crucial in transition and in the half court against towns....Towns shoulda just taken it down low every single time, but wants to play out there. Mistake.

#89 jcmoon, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What's there to hate about IH's game? Even when he "messes up," the man plays with such passion and relentless energy that any decent fan has to admire.

I don't believe you can hate this guy. I mean, it's not like he lost us an entire playoff series in the beautiful city of Portland, and he certainly didn't discuss his privilege as a "super-impact role player" who couldn't cut it with multiple NBA teams. (But, boy, those couple of baby hooks made people think we had the second coming of Dirk as our PF lol)

Hartenstein is a great guy to have on this team. He gives us a good look for straight hustle when Clint needs a break, when Tyson is gearing for the playoffs and before my guy makes his return.

Also, have you noticed how Hartestein has started incorporatin Tyson's "rebound tapback"? You know, the offensive rebound that Tyson crafted as one of the most effective ways to give your team a second possession? That shows IH is willing to learn, adapt and wants to be a solid player on the Rockets.

I'm a fan.

I'm also a fan of a few wings rotting on benches across the league. WEezy F. Baby, please save the baby.

itzIce, yixiixiy, whiskeyred and 12 others like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let's face it folks, it took a 20-20 game from Capela to stave off being rendered obsolete by iHart.

thirdengine and napalm06 like this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love Frankenstein. Rebound more, shoot less which fits Rockets need right now.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i just need to him to catch passes without fumbling them and we good.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#Hustlestein

We know Isaiah can shoot the 3. But he NEVER considers it when he is at the top of the key. I would LOVE for him to attempt those sometimes. I think MDA has to encourage him to at least consider the shot. Cause he usually is WIDE OPEN. No one has the scouting report on him in that regard.

Now, gonna need someone to clue me in on WEezy F.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What are the theories?

D-rock likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Unfortunately I didn't watch the Clippers enough Harrell's first two years there to figure this out, but....

Trez got less playing time his first year with the Clippers than he did with the Rockets.

So I don't think it had much of anything to do with lack of development or not enough playing time with the Rockets as much as development in general just taking him some time.

That said, why he was basically glued to the bench that playoffs... not sure. Well, other than MDA's super short playoff rotations and lack of trust in certain guys (anyone not a guard or veteran) in the playoffs.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  17. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

On offense Hartenstein just runs around setting picks for people, which is how I play my center in 2K. Confused? Set a pick!

D-rock likes this.
  18. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

Wayne Ellington for sure! We have wanted him and he is out of place on the knicks

lilbird20 and Deuce like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good call.

Though to salary match him is 8M. That would be tough

DreamQuake likes this.
  20. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

I guess he’s talking about a buyout? I don’t know much about cap stuff but nene and the trade exception and a 2nd, maybe. Is that close to matching?

D-rock likes this.