1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey said this team would have top 10 defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 18, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Well damn... just end the season now and give the trophy to the Clips. We'll try again next season.

HTM, coyotetex, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Imagine still hating at this point.

That's a f*cking disgusting avatar. Absolutely pathetic.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

In defense we trust.

[​IMG]

4. 9baller

9baller Member

What is the best metric for measuring defense?

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Just type in nba team defensive efficiency in google

6. opticon

opticon Member

James respects Russ and is doing his best to match his intensity. The last time they played with each other for a full season they went to the finals.

FACTS

7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Does the team without Gordon is more better?

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This team is virtually guaranteed to be the top 1 offense. That kind of advantage gives you more leeway on the defensive end.

clutchdabear, Relativist, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It will be even better when Gordon returns. This BS about stats having EG as the worst player in the league will be put to rest within a few weeks of EG getting back in game shape. We all know that EG has ups and downs throughout the season but usually he provides some damn good games by the end of the season. His defense last year was phenomenal.

All those EG haters can kiss my ass. I know the man will start having fun again once he comes back.

BeBreezy, RayRay10, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’m not sure where you have heard this. I’m 100% confident I’ve heard him say top 10 is good enough for a chip multiple times. In fact I’ve heard him insinuate above average was passable.

#30 TheRealAllpro, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's usually just Harden and a good defensive effort....any bigger injuries, even that eye injury will still impede him in the Playoffs.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's the one team that concerns me. It won't be easy taking 4 wins against them. It will be a bloodied war.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

^^^ enhanced for accuracy

BigShasta likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we aren’t a too 3 defense then we have underachieved. We have the personnel to make life hell for anyone, and to collect every single loose ball and rebound. We have a team of linebackers and knife fighters out there.

Clippers and Lakers better hide their wives.

D-rock, jcmoon, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm more scared of the Lakers defensively than the Clippers.

I understand the fear though, PG13 and Kawhi and Beverly, but I'm not really sure their interior defense is to be feared.

Also, Kawhi's defense has been very meh lately. Maybe he's just coasting and will do that Kawhi thing in the playoffs...but I can only go off what I see and while he's still a good defender he hasn't been that lock down shur down can't get past him defender thus far, might be the knee.

But the Lakers defense has perimeter defenders and shot blockers in Dwight, Mcgee, Davis, and Lebron, extreme length, savvy perimeter guys like Rondo, Green, and Lebron...yeah, I think they are the team to beat right now, unfortunately.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We still need shot blockers on this team. If Tyson can't play much, Clint is our only shot blocker. Hart is a great rebounder but his shot blocking awareness/instincts is not there. He is better off playing a taller 4 with the ability to stretch the floor. If we can find one more consistent strong shot blocker we might become scarier than the clippers.

17. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I prefer net margin. Teams with great offense and great defense tend to blow out opponents by 10 plus points a game. Net margin normalizes the defensive effort relative to the offensive effort.

You can be an awesome defensive team with great defensive metrics and lose 60% of your games. You need to have a good defense relative to your offensive production in order to win games.

D-rock, clutchdabear, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yup, that's our main advantage against them.....they tried starting Patterson to help out in the paint, but he was getting cooked by harden and Westbrook on the perimeter and he's not quick enough in transition to guard the Westbrook fastbreak....they started lou Williams in the second half and jaymychal green is also not a good enough perimeter defender, though decent. WIth Zubac and Harrell not being 3 point threats, it plays right into our hands, since Capela and Tyson can just stay in the paint most of the time. They do not match up well with us at all in that sense. Paul George must be on the floor for a lot of minutes and our goal should be to run him into the ground with Westbrook, making him and kawhi play defense all game long.

i'm not scared of the clippers at all, I don't think they match up well with us.

D-rock, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  19. pippsux

pippsux Member

They are active on defense, and keeping Capela by the basket, which is where you want your shot blocking center, not constantly dancing outside the perimeter.

Sometimes you just have to have the "look" And it trickles down to everyone, Westbrook mean mugging has trickled down to the rest of the team. Team has an edge they didn't have before, sometimes you just have to put some fear in your opponent, the rest will follow....

D-rock and cml750 like this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i saw a tweet today that said the rockets have gone from 28th in rebounding last year to 7th this year

D-rock likes this.