1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Waive Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sad to see how Ryno's career ended up, but I was pretty high on Bennett's potential. He could be giving us similar value to McLemore and Clemons in my opinion. He'd be a better 4 option than Sefolosha, freeing up Sefolosha to just be a utility wing defender.

But I'm not sure we'll be seeing Bennett again.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm disappointed Dantoni never gave him a chance. We signed this dude for 80mil just a couple years ago and now he can't even get a minute of playing time (not even in garbage time? lol). Clearly there's some **** going on behind the scenes we don't know.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Darn. Nice guy. Hope he gets a gig in NBA somewhere. If not, overseas is not too bad of an option these days.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm glad we kicked the tires. I've never seen a player's game so rapidly decline into irrelevancy for non-injury or age-related reasons, in just a couple short years. I love Morey, but the Anderson contract absolutely shook my faith in his judgement to the core. No one will ever be able to make a reasonable argument that the Anderson signing was anything but a huge disaster and it was not that hard to see coming. There were many fans that thought Anderson had game; there were just as many who thought he didn't. Now we know for absolute sure ...he didn't. Anderson apologists ...admit your shame. I won't go back and look up the 2016 Anderson signing thread; just own up.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Appreciate . Good luck

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I feel sorry for Ryno. But there is no point in paying someone the coach will absolutely never play.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Don't get it twisted: dudes in the NBA should feel sorry for us, if there's any sorrowin' going on. Ryan Anderson lived the dream.

smp, IvanLCPM, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Dam, i wish i was him right now. Poor guy...so poor.

D-rock and sushimaster like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good. I was tired of reading about him. Have a enjoyable life, Ryan, and I mean that. You can certainly afford it.

D-rock likes this.
  11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

at least he last longer than all those vets we brought in during the offseason and preseason?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We had two of the fastest declining players of the last decade! Epic!

rhee likes this.
  13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Before coming to Houston (for the first time) he looked like the second best player in NO. Now he looks like a complete scrub and he's not even that old.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm one of Scrubberson's biggest haters on this board but in retrospect you can't blame Morey on this one.

Anderson scored 17 ppg in a half court NO offense as the sole perimeter threat (EG always injured) and with an average pg. Who would've known he will actually regress playing in MDA offense and with freaking Cp3 and James Harden? Him turning into a scrub defies all common sense.

15. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Dang, he been traded for, traded away, signed, waived. Is there any other way to transact him?

D-rock likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA doesn't play anyone. He had to be forced into playing Clemons and Hartenstein. Now Hartenstein is getting minutes tonight. Never would have happened if there weren't 18 players out with injury.

kjayp likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ryno had a couple seasons shooting 40% from 3 for Houston. Lawson stepped foot in houston and immediately declined to out of the league. He never had a good moment at all. Going from one of the better pg’s in the league to out of it

18. farhen

farhen Member

ryno cheers loud on the bench guess murrey doesn't give af about that

19. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Harden with the spin move on the double team and open three!

What are the double team doing?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

no, that's precisely the point. Some folks thought he was good, but it turns out those people were on LSD.