1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you think the Earth is flat, then you are a moron. This was settled thousands of years ago.

The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core?
    [​IMG]
    (CNN) — "I don't want to be a flat Earther," David Weiss says, his voice weary as he reflects on his personal awakening. "Would you wake up in the morning and want everyone to think you're an idiot?"

But Weiss is a flat Earther. Ever since he tried and failed to find proof of the Earth's curve four years ago, he's believed with an evident passion that our planet is both flat and stationary -- and it's turned his world upside down.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/16/us/flat-earth-conference-conspiracy-theories-scli-intl/index.html

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People have believed in hundreds of Gods before too.

As long as they don't start destroying things or lives in the name of their "belief", why should I care or actively get in their way?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you study gravity and how 'scientists' call it a 'weak' force yet they say black holes have gravity that eats light you've started the path to understanding.

The theory of a flat earth is one of the most popular theories of gravity. Flat earth theories claim that if the earth is flat then it is heavier than if it was spherical. Flat earth theorists argue that a globe would take up much more space than a flat earth because of the smaller surface area.

What makes this theory so popular?

Well, the flat earth theory of gravity is the simplest of all theories. Flat earth theory also is extremely simple in theory, easy to understand, and easily verified by any one who has an interest in the subject. The theory is also easy to prove scientifically.

A flat earth is not a new theory. In fact, it has been known for nearly as long as the earth's existence. However, the flat earth theory is very popular and is gaining traction with many today because it is so easily proven to be correct.

Nook likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

*FIFY*

Rashmon, Nook, KingCheetah and 6 others like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

“... YouGov survey of more than 8,000 American adults suggested last year that as many as one in six Americans are not entirely certain the world is round, ...”

just, wow. But it explains a lot (dipshitery does, not the flat earth nonsense).

Nook likes this.
  6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Would it still be a globe?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm convinced that at least 25% of flat earth's are just trying to hitch a free ride on a jet or space craft to "see for themselves".

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wow globalization and flattenization at the same time humans

B-Bob likes this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just shows how many idiots are in this country.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

About once a week I think to myself, "how the **** does anyone believe in astrology?" so this does not surprise me at all. At the same time, it doesn't really worry me. In fact, as someone with mediocre (at best) intelligence, being surrounded by astrologers and flat-earthers makes me seem like a ****in genius. So I'm cool with it.

Invisible Fan, arkoe, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

This is my favorite part:

And thirdly, modern flat Earthers have little in common with the Flat Earth Society, a group that has existed for decades and has more than 200,000 followers on Facebook.

That organization, some speakers told CNN, is a government-controlled body designed to pump out misinformation and make the flat-Earth cause sound far-fetched to curious minds. Davidson calls their theories "completely ridiculous."

B-Bob, mdrowe00 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"Interestingly, 87% of American attendees at this year's conference who voted in the 2016 elections supported conservative candidates. Support for Donald Trump reached an astounding 98% of those in attendance."

Nook, FrontRunner, jiggyfly and 6 others like this.
  14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Only the smartest and brightest vote for Trump.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So can they actually prove it is flat?

Flat earther head explodes*

16. Buck Turgidson

I liked this:

He has a few things he wants to make clear to a flat-Earth novice. Firstly, and most importantly -- "none of us believe that we're a flying pancake in space." The community merely believes that space does not exist...

jiggyfly, Major, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

To be fair , can you really prove it’s a sphere?

Only those who have been to space can really know for certain.

And even then , what if it’s just an optical illusion?

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Big Oof.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

This proof was performed in the year 200 BC.
    [​IMG]