1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And he can't learn from future battles if he's sidelined on the bench bc of an injury from a game down 30+ points,

2. raining threes

I'm old school, the starting QB finishes what he starts,win or lose. Particularly young QBs so they can learn under game conditions. Watson certainly needed that today.

This is a philosophy I learned from Kubiak.

lw17 likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Leaving Watson (the only hope for your franchise at all for the next 3-4 years) in for what was essentially garbage time is a pretty egregious error IMO.

gucci888 likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The truth might be that Baltimore is actually pretty good and we're (once again) mediocre.

Everybody got all high off the KC win, but that is turning out to be fool's gold.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Not to fear...we will look like contenders again against the Broncos and O’Brien will look like a real HC.......

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

The Texans with this coaching staff will always be just good enough to maybe win the division, or earn a wild card spot. And go no further than the Divisional Round.

Sadly, the Texans ownership has been just fine with those types of seasons. Money is their priority.

This is O'Brien's 6th year with the team. That's enough time to see what you have. And it's not good enough.

The Texans have a young QB in Watson. It's time to find a new head coach and offensive coordinator for him to thrive with.

Gray_Jay and red5rocket like this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The largest part of BOB's success to date has been him being buoyed by the mediocre-to-bad performance of the rest of the AFC South.

Any given year where the AFC South isn't cold porridge we can expect to be left in the dust.

Houstunna likes this.
  8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

At his press conference on Friday, ol buttchin was asked to comment on the events of Thursday night. His response was that he didn't see the game and didn't know what had happened because he was busy working on the game plan for the Ravens. Now, given the results of his "efforts" my question is this: Why should I nor anyone else believe that they can do in 3 days - prepare for the Colts - when they were unable to do that when they had 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes and the good defense. He's always built a mediocre offense. It doesn't matter how many future first round picks he trades to upgrade

Houstunna likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Given the fact that BoB comes up with the WRONG game plans. Maybe it’s best that he doesn’t have as much time to “prepare” the team. I’d rather have Watson freelancing.

whag00 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

If the Texans make the playoffs it looks like they will be one and done. Same story every year under Bill O'Brien.

REEKO_HTOWN, J.R. and red5rocket like this.
  12. vonbock

vonbock Member

I own a business. O'Brien is that employee that makes every excuse why he shouldn't be let go. No qb, injuries, etc. The management buys those excuses and holds on to him. He either has something on the management or he is making some great excuses. He will never be let go unless the bottom falls out

REEKO_HTOWN, J.R. and Mr. Clutch like this.
  13. steveng125

steveng125 Member

not as difficult to gameplan against the colts. We know who the colts are..we face them twice a year nothing has changed with them. Brissett is a below average qb with a good offensive line. Only threat in the secondary is malik hooker and Darius Lenard. They are going to be missing Hilton, so what’s that tell you? We have to shut down tight ends and slow down mack. Mack isn’t that explosive and he will be going up against our 3rd rank rushing defense.

Texans win imo

Deshaun is gonna come out firing, after his embarrassing performance vs the ravens

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

He’s getting an extension at the end of the year

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yes let’s ignore Zach Pascal (yet again) who has just killed us the past 3 regular season meetings

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cal: "Billy, you've just finished year six. 9-7 and blown out by the Colts in the Wild Card round again. Why should I keep you around for year seven?"

Bill: "Listen Cal,we're gonna go hire my Patriots buddy Nick Caserio. He will handle the team. I'll get back to focused on coaching. He & I together will make the Texans great. Believe me! The players play hard for me and gosh darn it, they like me. They're working hard, getting better every day & I believe I'm the right coach for this team."

Cal: "I'm sold Billy. This sounds great. In concert with Nick's 5-year deal, we want to give you a brand new 5-year deal."

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Nothing Conley and roby should worry about

raining threes likes this.
  18. Texanstradamus

The Texans are too scared of the known that’s why they took so long to get a franchise QB and why they are sticking with O’Brien (right now) they Texans stuck with kubiak a long time now they doing the same O’Brien ...

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And Kubiak won a Superbowl as a head coach 2 years after leaving the Texans.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares? Does that mean he would’ve done the same with our roster? No! His time here was up. It was time to move on. Wish him the best.

REEKO_HTOWN, Gray_Jay and Chilly_Pete like this.