1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Rushed to Walter Reed Hospital Yesterday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

The fact that you wholly dismiss the evidentiary record speaks to (1) your lack of basic understanding of the word evidence, and (2) your inability to think for yourself and say something other than the party lines. And for the record, his being a criminal is just a small part of him being despicable.

You want to talk about legislation - where is the gun control legislation that 90 percent of the country wants but McConnell won’t allow and the dolt in Chief is to cowardly to push?

All - I wholly recognize that this discussion with BigTexx is pointless. But I’m doing it anyway because my fantasy football team is having a bad day.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So to summarize, you called him a criminal, but you cannot back it up. Seems to me you are lying.

...and of course I'll be the bigger man and ignore your insults towards me. I recognize that people resort to insults when they can't provide fact, logic or reason, which you have not been able to provide.

mick fry likes this.
  3. Rileydog

Naw, don't ignore it. Stay around and talk.

Let's start with some Evidence 101. There are two types of evidence: direct and circumstantial. If you take a moment to look up the terms "direct evidence" and "circumstantial evidence" in Black's Law Dictionary, you know, the one we all got in the first year of law school. Let me know when you have it. I'll take you through the evidentiary record.

4. Rileydog

@bigtexxx

Aw crap, I think I went too fast and Bigtexxx left class. Bigtexxx, I'll go ahead and leave you a very brief homework problem. When you have a moment, you can come back and respond. In law school, teachers often use the Socratic method (named after Socrates). This often involves presenting a hypothetical and asking the students to respond. Here is a simple one:

A whistleblower submits allegations regarding a sitting president (lowercase p for Trump). The Inspector General (who happens to be someone appointed by said president) reviews, investigates, and concludes that the allegations are both "urgent" and "credible". What should the House of Representatives do? Please provide your answer in the blank below.

A. Ignore it because some members of the House are calling it a "witch hunt"?
    B. Investigate further to determine the next appropriate course of action, including possibly articles of impeachment?

________

#24 Rileydog, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    FrontRunner likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BigTexx is too busy rallying his other racist buddies.

DD

6. Rileydog

Extracurricular activities are good. Otherwise he'll skip class or not pay attention.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Weird vibe in this thread. Lets be better.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That will happen when we get someone with integrity in the Whitehouse - regardless of party, until then we will fight fire with fire, and hope Trump reaps what he sows......if he dropped dead tomorrow the world would be much better off.

DD

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No, don’t want him to die.

I want him to be humiliated. Which may never happen because you have the FOX clowns spinning the news in his favor for all those people who watch Hannity to tell them what happened.

DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What happens to Trump is only a by-product. Mainly, I would like for all Americans to once again cherish the dignity of our nation, values that have been a strength of the nation even when our government fell short.

I would like for people to hope that the best and brightest run our govt. instead of people who are seen as having an edge because they match the lowest common denominator.

That's pretty much my real desire. As a result people would pressure congress to get rid of Trump.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. bigtexxx

So instead of backing up your claim that Trump is a criminal, you babble about law school principles? It's clear you just can't talk about the topic at hand. You're talking about everything but that.

I called you out, and you couldn't back up your claim.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Doesn’t have to back up the claim. Trump is a criminal. Always has been. The Presidency didn’t change him. Just amplified it.

But keep seeing things through that distorted lens.

DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Glad that Trump's mild heart attack yesterday has apparently triggered a large Texiannn to emerge

In all seriousness though- in the this is not normal department- this is more dipshit behavior. In the past even mild medical problems were exhaustingly disclosed.

Meanwhile Trump is a filet o fish away from a burst aorta and his moron lackeys are telling us he's doing great (this is how we know he is not)

DaDakota and RayRay10 like this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s all they got. It’s a defense mechanism that keeps them from ******** their pants, well most of them.

15. bigtexxx

SamFisher is now a medical expert! We are so fortunate to have such a legal scholar and medical expert - all in one, in our presence!

Sam - please fill us all in on Trump's medical problems. What have you concluded? Will he be ok?

16. Rileydog

Hey, you’re back! Can we go back to the two types of evidence, direct and circumstantial? I just wanted to make sure you know what circumstantial evidence is, and that the vast majority of actual court cases regarding the concept of “intent” are proven and decided based on circumstantial evidence. And that strong evidence of the circumstances (that’s why they call it circumstantial evidence) is the basis on which a finder of fact determines or infers intent.

If you’re there with me on the existence of the concept of circumstantial evidence, I’m happy to walk you through the evidentiary record. But something tells me you’re not really interested in that. Ping me if you want me to.

For the purposes of this discussion, I am assuming that even you do not dispute the fact of Trump asking Ukraine to announce an investigation into the Bidens, the delay of military aid by Trump. I’m assuming you still argue (1) there is no evidence that the aid or a WH visit was conditioned on the announcement; (2) even if it was, trump did it not for personal gain, but rather to advance the foreign policy of the country, and (3) lastly, even if he did it for the 2020 election, it is not an impeachable offense.

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Rileydog

I'm trying to and I'm happy to. I am just going slowly so Bigtexxx can follow along. We'll get there, don't worry.

ROXTXIA and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. Rileydog

@bigtexxx

Sorry for the multiple topics, but I do think it is relevant to your thought that the investigation into the potential impeachment of trump is a waste of time or shouldn't be happening.

Are you saying that the House should not have investigated the whistleblower complaint after the Inspector General Michael Atkinson (dear leader's appointee) found reviewed the complaint, investigated and found it to be both "urgent" and "credible"?

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He had a heart attack yesterday due to his coronary disease.

He has narcissistic personality disorder that has gone untreated.

He has early to mid stage dementia.

But otherwise... he's fit as a fiddle. Will probably live till 200 more days at least

peleincubus, ROXTXIA, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

whats the treatment for that