1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Texanstradamus

They have cap space just gonna have to play the QB

2. Bob Barker 007

BO'B = Bob Stoops. We will never win the big games under O'Brien

lw17 likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe, just maybe, Bill O'Brien knows what he's doing.
    Dare I say...

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lol
    don't say that
    BoB defenders (scarface) gonna come out and point out to the recently won Chiefs game.

But i get u, anytime a huge game with big implications comes playoff elimination, or seeding implications BoB somehow manages to make the team look like hot garbage.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Seriously tho, when getting pummeled like this, why do you go for it on 4th and 5 in your own territory and just over two minutes left in the beatdown?

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why not?

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Bob Stoops actually accomplished things

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It just didn't make much sense after playing conservative from behind up until it was truly, completely hopeless. But I agree, why not? Show 'em, BO'B.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

After every loss, it's the same. Blah Blah.....O'Brien sucks..... After every win, O'Brien sucks....he got lucky...he is not any good. Blah Blah Blah...

Who cares anymore? I don't.

raining threes likes this.
  10. vonbock

vonbock Member

I told everyone in the other post. In. If big games that you think they might have a chance they get blown out.

red5rocket and houston19519 like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What did you think about Bob leaving Watson in so long in the fourth quarter considering there is a short week and he was behind pummeled?

BMoney likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#FireBillObrien

This guy should've been fired the year the Osweiler experiment ended. He endorsed Ryan Mallet, has had 10 QBs, doubled down down on a useless unproven Savage because of his body type, recommended a failed GM, took over GM duties, presided over the final botching of Clowney, and then traded assets for Tunsil that could've been used for two Tunsil-quality assets during a normal trading time when the team had more leverage.

This guy doesn't deserve one more change. He ran out of chances about 6 chances ago. It's the same situation as if we had kept McHale through Harden's whole tenure. We can't waste Watson and Hopkins like this.

I don't understand how we as a city/org stick by him so much and accommodate his interest in having his fingers in everything - OC, GM, drafting, trading.

13. vick

vick Member

What i don't understand, is they had 2 weeks to heal up and prepare for this game. This game is just once of many times that Texans looked lost during the game. Its like having a wife that gets drunk, but only on Holidays. She promised to do better, but you know that when a holiday comes up, she's going to get drunk. At least it looks like the Rockets can win, even with 4 players not playing.

14. Fantasma Negro

Everyone sucked today, not just Billy. Thursday's game is more important. Six games to go, gotta be ready for the ravens in the playoffs

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I feel ashamed

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, the Texans injuries are sure not helping. The other team gets paid too. The Ravens spanked the Pats 2 week ago. They are a VERY good team at home.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true. From the QB to the offensive line to the defense and secondary they all made stupid mistakes. BOB and his GMs equipped us with a bad secondary and offensive line, and let Boye, Jackson, Honey Badger, Duane Brown and Clowney go. You get what you pay for.

I doubt BOB encouraged Watson to hold onto the ball so long he ended up fumbling it instead of just throwing it away. I can't blame BOB when Watson throws balls to the ground at a reviewer's foot or straight into 4 purple jerseys for an interception. I can blame him for our offensive line, but not in Watson running around with 5 guys rushing at him instead of just throwing the ball away. I can blame BOB for our lack of preparation and play calling though.

I can't blame him because we have a fragile Fuller and aging injured again JJ. Neither can really be counted on to stay healthy every season. We are plagued with injuries and today we added even more to the list.

#4417 deb4rockets, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    napalm06 and raining threes like this.
  18. raining threes

Watson needs to learn how to read the blitz, so I have no problems with BOB leaving him in.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Seriously? You think an extra series or two is worth the potential for injury especially considering the ankle twist earlier in the game as well as a short week coming into the next game?

20. raining threes

He cant learn without seeing live bullets