1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Do Ben & Chris, potentially, make EG expendable in a deal for the right wing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 16, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Eric Gordon is our safety valve when Harden quits in the playoffs every year. His value is too high to trade

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Without reading the whole thread, no, because EGO can't be traded this season.

mike2k132, yixiixiy and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lmao gotta love it when the bargaining rules interfere with our hypocthetical trades

ROXTXIA likes this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't. He can and likely will be dealt after this year.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah but I’m sure most people in this thread were talking in the context of this year . After all we don’t have Ben or Chris signed for next year .

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Saying “do X no matter what at Y” is pretty much guaranteed to backfire, because how much value you get for him heavily depends on how he performs in the playoffs.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

To me it doesn't matter what he does within realistic expectations.

He could have a great playoffs and we win the championship I'd still trade him. He could be awful and get benched. I'd definitely trade him. I'm more interested in his dollar amount than pumping his trade value. He's a known commodity at this point. A bad playoff run or a less than stellar season isnt going to drop his value too much imo. Teams know what EG is. I just hope he comes back and stays healthy and helps us win.

I think EG needs to be moved for a real 3/4 or even a 4/5 regardless. Looking at the makeup of the team going forward and Tilman's avoidance of the tax it makes sense to move EG.

But then again I'd have never given him his new deal because I'd have traded him 2 years ago.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dontcha just? 'Cause we ain't got a gotdamn thing to trade. Not that we can part with.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Keep in mind Ariza was $15 Million for 1 yr.....3-D players being the all the rage nowadays. Ariza was 34 y/o last season.
    Eric Gordon will be due $19.6 Million due at age 34 guaranteed. Eric Gordon will never be mistaken for a defender.

Last season Eric Gordon was 108 ORtg while sporting a 115 DRtg......this season Eric Gordon is 83 ORtg while
    sporting a 113 DRtg. Maybe “Fat-Cat-itis” has hit Gordon since signing his extension?

Not sure if you or HP3 was calling me out on plus/minus numbers of the small lineup.....but here are some numbers:
    House (Starter)
    Season.......Pts.......FG%........3P%........FT%.......TS%......USG%........ORtg..........DRtg..........Rebs......Plus/ Minus
    18/19:.........11.2......49.5.........49.5........91.7........68.7........13.5...........129.............112.............4.2......... +2.2
    19/20..........12.0......47.3.........46.2........87.5........66.6........13.0...........122.............108.............5.3........ +10.3

5-man lineups
    https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season
    (18/19) CP3/Eric Gordon/................................................(18/19) CP3/Harden/ House
    Harden/Tucker/Capela.....................................................Tucker/Capela
    39 games..........................................................................13 games
    112.4 ORtg.......................................................................132 ORtg
    105.2 DRtg.......................................................................89.2 DRtg
    7.3 net Rtg........................................................................43.1 net Rtg
    55.3% (ast%)....................................................................50% (ast%)
    1.68 ast/TO ratio...............................................................2.50 ast/TO ratio
    58.5% (TS%).....................................................................61.5% (TS%)
    55.4% (eFG%)..................................................................56.5% (eFG%)
    46.6% (Reb%)...................................................................48.7% (Reb%)
    50.5 (PIE)...........................................................................71.5 (PIE.....player impact estimate)

D House was a +12.6 in 18/19 as a reserve.......that covers up a lot of slack for the starters......which helps
    equate to wins. per basketball-reference.com (splits)

Saying Eric Gordon is borderline All-Star is laughable. You apparently having been looking at All Star voting
    and snubs in recent years.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I didn't call you out on anything, I think you have the wrong guy....I didn't call Eric a border line all star either... I think are lumping us all together.

Not here to argue ur assessment that hes not a defender

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just two people debating with me on this subject. It must be HP3 comparing Ariza money to Gordon extension.
    Two players with different positions, different ages and different contracts. Can’t compare them. (Intended for @HP3)

We will agree that we disagree (intended for HP3 and jcmoon). No Ill feelings on my part.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We talking about Clemons or EG ?

EG defended Clay pretty well in the past and EG is often part of how they hide Harden on defense.

In my above post I was referring to Clemons having to prove he can sustain the that level of play and not be a total liability on defense.

13. fattz

fattz Member

Westbrook & Harden make Gordon tradable more than anything else. Marginal players look great better because of both of their greatness. Could the TEAM use more front court help than a third maxed guard? Let me answer... Of course we need size and length.

jcmoon likes this.
  14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Ask the fun-o-meter of EG.