1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HARTENSTEIN HATERS GO HOME

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Rudy T said it best (I paraphrase)

"I have one thing to say to those non-believers: Don't ever underestimate the Hartenstein of a champion."

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm on the HartOF bandwagon. No more Tucker at the 5 please.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's because his game needs a LOT of polish. Tonight's contribution was mostly on effort.

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Chris Jericho needs a guaranteed contract from the rockets!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hartenstein got a cute Clark Kent curl and fancy facial hair too. never forget.

hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

G-league Finals MVP putting in work tonight.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Hopefully he can be apart of the rotation and stop going small and getting crushed on the boards. Let tuck battle people closer to his own size

8. Chamillionaire

Great game. Definitely his best.

D-rock and Williamson like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

He's capable of doing much more. He has yet to unveil the complete package. And unfortunately, we will probably never see the entire Hartenstein package in Houston. As a Viper he has the freedom to unleash all his weapons. He handles the ball well for a true seven footer. He understands how to play team basketball. He moves around the court with purpose. And yes, he can knock down the three pointer.

Sadly, with the Rockets he has a very narrowly defined role. At the very least he should be utilized as a the point shooter. I would much rather see Hart shoot threes than Westbrook.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But does he though? I know he doesn't run the floor like a gazelle and he doesn't look smooth out there, but he made very few mistakes tonight. Who cares if he's polished if he is capable of playing 30 solid minutes of defense, setting picks, taking charges, blocking shots and gobbling up boards? He had two turnovers last night. I saw him out of place on defense a couple times. But man, it was a REALLY solid effort over all.

11. macan

macan Member

Joe Chee > iHart ?

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Joe Chee is too good for this league.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is he playable in the playoffs tho?

jcmoon and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I think Hartenstein and Clemmons should see more minutes, those guys impressed me last night. Hart's defense is a lot better than I thought haha. Im sorry but yall just gotta give up on Gary for real. He didnt impress and continues to not impress.

In before Gary has like a 20 point night and I get told to go home. :D

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He needs run to gain confidence but I think he can get there. He flails a bit, kinda like out of equilibrium, nervous. I see that improving over time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This your best one in a while man ! Hahaha

Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we seldom know what we have on the bench - bc MDA wont play and develop guys.... more concerned with running his upper tier players into the ground while padding his precious offensive stats so he will be viewed as some offensive guru or some such...

how often do we see some scrub go off on us - but never see that happen for us... smh...

Glad to see Hart get some burn and contribute!

We gotta run these guys outside of injury emergency situations and just throwing them in cold...

Now, instead of Harden chuckin 41 shots (yes I understand WB was out) lets spread that ball out!

We've gotta stop expecting a trade to fill in our needs... MDA needs to bite the bullet and play guys outside his 'comfort zone' - this is our roster - lets utilize it!

Thats my rant... MDA apologists feel free to tell me how wrong I am and defend your messiah... but know i'm coming back citing a 7 man rotation (with Trez glued to the bench) while Harden is expected to cover LMA and Pau... lol

rockets1995, Relativist and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

If only he would play more than 3 minutes like he did against Indiana...i guess Mike just doesn't like him since he didn't even play yesterday.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is very good.. not sure if the best even if by in a while you mean within last 24 hours

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I Approve

kjayp likes this.