1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 11/16/2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Nov 16, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Paul George — wow. Hoping the Clippers don’t have a fully healthy Kawhi and PG this year, because that would be too much to deal with.

#21 durvasa, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He was 3rd in the MVP race for a reason. It sucks that Morey couldn't convince Indy to give him to us.

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yep, PG is tearing it up, a fully healthy Clippers team should be the favorites to win it all. Easily could be at 40 points in 19 minutes, but threw it off the backboard for Trezz, nasty.

PG on his own has always been a guy we never matched up with. Even on the Pacers without another star he would beat Houston on his own.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

150 in regulation without kawhi :eek:

when is the next time we play these fukk boys ? :mad:

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

da ***?. everybody calm down. Like always, I want to see how the Rockets play them.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Mitchell Robinson, I salute you :

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither PG not KLAY can control tempo like Harden can, so bring them on.

8. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Paul George is giving me T-MAC flashbacks

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What are you talking about? They already are the favorites at +300. Houston is a +750. Its not exactly a bold statement to say they will be the favorites to win when they already are. They won a game by 50 points without Kawhi and w PG playing 19 minutes.

#29 BallSoHarden, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

how does one game tell you so much?? so just bc they beat up on a young crappy atlanta team thats near the end of their long western road trip, you nod in universal agreement with media pundits who declare clips to be favorites to win it all?

okc beat gsw by 50 points.. does that make them the favorites?

didn't that same media declare lakers champions last season? did the lakers even make the playoffs last year? i don't remember...

and this is coming right after the clippers lost to a pelicans team playing without brandon ingram, lonzo ball, and zion.

did u even see the rockets/clips game? clips have no one who can facilitate... kawhi sure as hell isn't a facilitator and neither is lou will or pg. they just have a bunch of wings... but no one who can really set ppl up for easy buckets. you really don't think that's going to be a problem in the playoffs?

but go ahead and believe everything that LA media feeds you... :rolleyes:

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet they score 150, bizarre world.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lmao, dude I watch a lot of games, A LOT. I watch nearly every rockets game, but I watch several other NBA games a week, and will be sitting within an ear shot of LBJ at tomorrows game as well. I have also bet on NBA games for 13+ years. The fact that you interpret me quoting odds favorites as reading into the media is mind boggling. I quoted something that is currently FACT, calculated by ex hedge fund quants because these are the oddsmakers in Vegas, not the media. Do you really think the media decides what the odds are? Lol, there was no oddsmaker putting the Lakers as favorites last year, they all had the Warriors, so I have no idea why you are bringing up the Lakers from last year?. I never even stated who I personally thought would win the Championship, I simply said who I think will be the favorite to win, meaning what oddsmakers say, and I'm not exactly going out on a limb by saying the current favorite is the favorite lol. Put down the pipe.

#32 BallSoHarden, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

PG is a monster in the making or being made.......dude is the only player I see that can match or better Harden's offensive efficiency.

Uncanny ability to take 10 or more 3s and shoot it with 40% accuracy.....

14. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

put down the pipe? lol.. you’re the one saying pg and his pacers teams could easily beat the rockets current iteration... and whos the one smoking the pipe...

15. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

you quoting odds favorites as a reason to believe who is going to win the championship is foolish to begin with. sure they had warriors with top odds.. but guess who was 2nd favorite according to oddsmakers to win the championship before the start of last season... the dysfunctional lakers.

16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i don’t get it. how is it that the rockets, who were the one and only team to take down perhaps the greatest assembled team of all time if not for horrible officiating and untimely injuries... and that system is essentially still in place and that team’s best player (harden) is clearly better than any other player in the league right now.. and yet ppl, even on this board continually underrate their own team and overrate other teams and their players. has any other team come close to dethroning the kd-era warriors other than the rockets?

harden doesn’t produce in the playoffs? well then take a look at paul george’s stats and be even more amused.

clippers assembled a great defense... but not only do they lack serious playmaking at the modern nba’s most important position... but their success completely depends on kawhi.. and kawhi has a chronic knee condition thats only going to get worse as the season progresses. did u not see him limp and grab at his knee even during the rockets clips game the other day? declaring kawhi as the next mj when he went thru an eastern conference that was weaker than ever and beat a warriors team without klay and kd. and let’s be honest.. without tim duncan those spurs teams would never have sniffed the nba finals in the first place.. bettors and media pundits alike are overrating the hell out of the clippers. they’re a great team.. but not any more of a favorite to win the title than 5 or 6 other teams. let’s be real for once.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol wow you really have issues with reading comprehension huh? I never said his Pacers teams COULD do ****. In fact Im not giving any opinion in any of my posts, I am only stating facts of things that have already happened. I said his Pacers teams would match up well against Houston at that time. Sorry, I am not as talented as you in predicting the future nor am I building a case where I can beat the oddsmaker like you.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

LOL Again, when did I ever say who is going to win a championship? I never once stated a particular team would win a Championship. You have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old. I only stated who the favorites would be, which is who the favorites currently are. That is fact, not an opinion.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

reading comprehension? what is the explanation for this then? short term memory loss?

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Try reading it slowly, out loud a few times.