1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will Harden finish second in MVP voting this year to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Nov 14, 2019.

?

???

1. Lebron

93 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. AD

23 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. KL

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Giannis

37 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Other

14 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

second to underdawg Carmelo!

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I think the people who HAVE to have him win a title to “legitimize” his career are clearly wrong.

As to the midrange game... not sure why it’s still clamored for so badly. I don’t think he’s ever been that great at it and I don’t believe we have ever been knocked out because of a lack of it.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The posted tweet by the (in my humble opinion) likely winner has blown my mind. I’m walking around the room picking up the pieces. This is difficult! I’ve lost my “Godfidence.”

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No idea if that was posted or not but came across this today. Pretty cool.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Anthony davis didn't go to La for mvp awards. Anthony davis wouldnt get that award anyway!

LeBron going for rings, mvp, and finals mvp!

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

at least 40 points each game as Paul Pierce said, otherwise he will ignore his statistic. MDA should give harden more time to play to against this MVP measurement rule

7. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Harden is second to none

D-rock likes this.
  8. WestendMassive

The NBA is not only setting the scene for Giannis to go B2B on MVPs, they're already trying to crown him as Finals MVP

https://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder

HoustonTexas likes this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Exactly... Rockets problem last year against the Warriors was rebounding. That said, each game could have gone either way. We didn’t lose bc of lack of midrange. Also, it’s not Harden’s fault the Warriors became arguably the greatest team ever. That was the real problem, the Warriors and it wasn’t just the Rockets problem...

10. LG1200

LG1200 Member

If Dallas finishes Top 4, Luka. I was so sad when Dallas got him

11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

They're going to change the definition of MVP again to give it to Giannis. If James Harden is supposed to be the front runner, they'll say he has the help of Russell Westbrook. But when it comes to LeBron James, it won't matter that he's playing with Anthony Davis.

#71 HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

It’ll be Steph Curry for MVP.

“Look how terrible the Warriors are without him! He’s clearly the most valuable player.”

13. Mr. Space City

Harden will finish behind doncic because doncic's game is more entertaining even tho he patterns his game after harden.

D-rock likes this.
  14. WestendMassive

They'll forget real quick about all the Harden-Westbrook won't work BS too.

HoustonTexas likes this.
  15. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Luka for sure

16. Bids9

Bids9 Member

And they marvel at Luka's game whilst condemn Hardens. Its not his game they hate i think they genuinely hate Harden the person for whatever reason

D-rock and Mr. Space City like this.
  17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Harden will win it in a narrow decision over . . . Kemba Walker.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What James Harden Is Doing Should Terrify Opponents
    The Rockets guard is in the midst of what could be the best offensive season in almost 60 years—and if he keeps this up, it may be hard to deny him the MVP award

By Shaker Samm

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...c-pace-houston-rockets-portland-trail-blazers

The phrasing is correct here - rather than recognizing Harden as the MVP, as should have been done in 17,18,19, the whole objective is whether he overcomes the denial meted out by the NBA commentariat.

ico4498, WestendMassive and D-rock like this.
  19. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

and it's not racial because alot of black nba fans hate him too. i think it's male jealousy. they can make fun of every superstar for something off the court. being married as a rich celeb and all the issues that come with that (cheating and getting divorce) or multiple baby mamas and the suffering that comes with that or being a fukk up who is always in legal trouble. something you can point at these rich successful people and go all nelson muntz. but with james, he's young, rich, no baby mamas, no woman tying him down and has a carousel of instagram thots in his bed. they wish they were him.

he needs that receding hairline to accelerate its retreat then they'll have something to knock him down a peg.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This very well may happen as the MVP race has been rooted in popularity, politics, and marketability. Just look at both years Nash won with mediocre stats while other more deserving players such as Shaq and Lebron had superior statistics and propelled their teams to winning records. In fact timing, politics, and marketability all factor into these media professionals’ decision.

In 2005 Shaq, iverson, Duncan were still really good but they were all previous MVPs. Surely the media and NBA want a new face? Nash was white in a black dominated league, clean cut, and well mannered. A case could be made for rising star Dirk who had a great year putting Dallas in 4th that year. The media may have figured lebron will win multiple mvps in his career and that this may be Nash’s best Chance (timing) with the leagues best record and much hype around him during that year despite inferior stats and a team loaded with good players and stars.

Surprisingly they gave it to him again in 2006 with Kobe, lebron and dirk having a huge year. Dirk finally got his the next year (timing) as one of the rising stars in the league and the face of the Mavericks. Kobe got his first in 2008 in a two man race with CP3. Lebron would go on and dominate 4 out of the next 5 years with Rose winning during brons first year in Miami (politics, marketability). They couldn’t give lebron the villain the award. That summer and fall Adidas began marketing Rose as the next big thing.

And we all know what happened last year with Giannis. (Marketability, Timing) Harden already won his. Time for a fresh face with marketability and also foreign born. Greek freak mania erupted despite Beards historic numbers not seen since Wilt. If the Mavs have a respectable record in the end don’t be surprised if he’s got next.

#80 Stephen_A, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    francis 4 prez and Jontro like this.