1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Since Luhnow has taken over the Astros have been more innovative and better than every other team in the league. And that includes cheating better than them as well.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Well, they could have not cheated. But if you are going to cheat, you can't draw attention to the organization with things like Osuna and Taubman, and you can't let guys not involved in cheating know about cheating (especially those that suck and likely will be bitter after team moves on). Banging on a trash can just isn't subtle.

While I suspect lots of teams are cheating...I'd guess Astros take it to the extreme because their personel is just better.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Im sorry but when rival execs are quoting newspapers that they want Luhnow banned for life if he knew about the sign stealing. This is going to have a major blowback to trades. I get the feeling that we're going to be blacklisted for sometime.

4. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

First of all, who the rival executive? Anonymous executive = bs. Then to go on and say after an executive watch Thaiboy video. Common man, a baseball executive or FO office watching an amateur video and actually believe that the video is legit. That’s like drafting/recruiting a player by watching a video sent in by a parent. Yankees media and fans are just getting desperate at this point to get Astros in any form of trouble. No matter what, unless MLB rewards yanks with 2017 and 2019 WS trophy, their fans will not be happy with any results from the MLB investigation.

I truly love coming to this forum to get new informations about Astros off-season or even investigation information (from MLB or national media) but suck that I keep seeing ppl posting new info coming from either Yankees media or fans. What do we really expect them to say about the Astros at this point. They hate us cause they anus!!!

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

The same reports were talked about on mlb network. Look around you and take off your homer hat. People are pissed and this is a bigger story then it is. This isnt going anywhere and wait until the MLB really comes down on us.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

If we have such an advantage at home, it sure hasn't played out that way in the playoffs.

In the last two series we lost were 0-6 at home and 4-1 on the road. Our batting splits are identical.

This is why baseball is going away. All of this petty crap is such a turn off to the common fan.

Smacktle, gfab-babyboi and phasors28 like this.
  7. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

To come down on the Astros, there are going to be many teams MLB will also have to come down on. I have serious doubts they want to open this can of worms.

8. Screaming Fist

Just seems unnecessary, too. The Astros didn't need to steal signs or sign Osuna or issue that ridiculous statement following the Taubman incident to field great baseball teams. Luhnow is a very, very smart GM but it's like he has a total blind spot to how these decisions can ultimately hurt the team and even jeopardize his own job. He's just monomaniacially obsessed with seeking out every competitive advantage possible irrespective of the negative consequences that sometimes result from doing so.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  9. raining threes

Yep, this is nothing more than the national media trying to get back at the Stros for the Taubman. That and the fact that Drellich was so wrong about the Stros rebuild and the fact that that rebuild will lead to the Stros being a WS favorite for yrs to come. Bottom line is you don't cross the press or if they are wrong they will do everything in their power to try to bring you down.

What interests me is the Tanks/Red Sox have already been caught doing this and only received a fine, I wonder if the commish will treat the Stros more harshly than he did the Yanks/Red Sox. I'm betting the answer is yes. There will probably be a fine and a draft pick lost. Because MLB wants the Dodgers/Yanks/ Red Sox to be in the WS. Why? Follow the money.

Good thing is with Luhnow in charge MLB won't be able to bring the org down.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

On here it was. Now there were only about a dozen of us regularly posting, but the great majority were very anti-crane

the TV deal was the factor that drove the hatred more than anything else, that and the move to the AL. I remember being almost the only one liking that move, but will admit I was very anti Crane, and I was wrong

raining threes likes this.
  11. The Beard

you must think the Angels have little to no shot of signing anyone then?

their drug issue cost a life, others were involved, no other names have been released

Reality is if you are a free agent all of that has minimal affect

the Astros will be winners, if the money is there, they will come

12. The Beard

lol

“yea I like your offer better than any other, but I have way too many morals to make a deal with you”

lol, this is pro sports man, it don’t work that way

raining threes and RustyHarden like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Oh yeah? You telling me Colin should've been unemployed this whole time? When you have Ryan Fitzpatrick starting for the past 4 years it's hard to believe kap doesn't. Not directly comparing this to that, but we could very well easily be blacklisted.

As a fan who has had season tickets in the past few years, it just frustrates you that how careless they were with the cheating. I'm not even mad at the fact that they cheated AT ALL. They should have had an inner circle that they trusted and done it properly. Instead, they allowed journeymen bums to get in on the secret and gave themselves too much exposure. It's like telling your accountant that you're going to rob a bank when you don't need too. Its as if Luhnow is too smart for himself. Trash cans? Couldn't have had the players wear some Bluetooth controlled devices attached to their body that gave impulses? The only people I would "trust" on this team would be Yuli, Bregs, Tuve, Springer, Correa, Jake as hitters.

#573 astros123, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    jklb, everyday eddie and htwnbandit like this.
  14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

When this **** storm is all said and done I just hope Luhnow is still our GM.

15. raining threes

He will be

awc713 likes this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I pointed out during WS that when we got runners on base, it seemed they went up there looking for a certain pitch and was missing out on good pitches... this kind of explains it. But on road they were more relaxed and playing without that hanging over their heads

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

they did it before with steroids. Stop acting like this hasn’t happened before.

18. conquistador#11

Astros has the entire nation talking baseball again.
    That has to count for something.
    [​IMG]

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

With all of this work being done building up a defense to protect their jobs I wonder how much time and effort they will be able to put into bringing in and signing free agents.

20. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

That's fair, but the thought that a guy could hear the trash can being hit in that environment seems pretty unlikely. I was at game 6 and could barely hear my dad sitting next to me.

everyday eddie likes this.