1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/15/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I’m am not worried about Westbrook’s shooting. As long as he takes care of the ball, which he did last night we are fine for now. It’s a long season.

D-rock, vlaurelio and nabil474 like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am very worried about Westbrook's terrible shooting.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

feel that he’s already top 10 ever in my mind in terms of talent. Just needs a ring so the casual dummies can all place him there.

win 3 rings (another stupid barometer) and he’s the best ever no question.

4. nabil474

nabil474 Member

Quit crying about 1 game of a bad shooting night of WB...it’s one game. It happens. Y’all overreact about everything.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm actually crying about an entire career of bad shooting, thank you very much.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

me too.

but when I watch him play he seems to do stuff that makes our team better.

I think he complements Harden well.

he gets the ball to the others a lot so they feel engaged because Harden is going to do what Harden does.

I’ve also noticed Harden has so much more energy late in games to take over. It’s not a coincidence, it’s got to be russ being here that’s preserving his energy.

Our Defense can be top 10 no problem, it’s about effort and they definitely are doing that. The key to winning is letting harden coast for a little bit so he can dominate in the last 5 min of the game when the other team is tired.

harden is avg close to 18 ppg in the 4th quarter during this winning streak. I think their slowly figuring out what works.

Rockets are going to be more than fine.

we can win a title with this team guys are starting to catch a groove like Ben and house. Pj is shooting well with the new pace clint is starting to do what we need on D and rebouding. Tyson Chandler would have been the perfect center for us if he was 8 years younger.

we need a center on the court at all times imo it makes a huge difference.

I like what I’m seeing.

I expect the 1-2 seed between us and the lakers and 58+ wins. We haven’t even hit our stride yet and we’re super injured. Wait till Gordon gets back and guys like Ben and house and even thabo get more comfortable.

another center would be good we just need some bigs.

Deckard, Patience and D-rock like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hoops with beats

Deckard, B-Bob, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. nabil474

nabil474 Member

It’s a long season. The pace he plays with has made us more dynamic, and his 4th QTR scoring and play making has been huge this season. He brings so much to the table besides his shooting.

D-rock, Tfor3 and vlaurelio like this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He has a serious case no doubt but so does harden that’s all I’m really saying you can’t go wrong with wilt harden Kareem and MJ imo.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

then why bring it up like it's his fault n not injury

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why be so sensitive and in denial about the fact that he was never a good shooter and act like you know for sure it’s the dislocated fingers?

I love Westbrook on this team and glad we did the trade. But I will not ignore the fact that he is not a good shooter. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

12. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Everytime I see a negative comment on Harden, I wish I could strap that person in a chair Clockwork Orange style and make them watch this clip over and over until their eyes bleed.

"We were players in the league and we've never seen anything like this before"
    "Tell me who in NBA history is better offensive player than James Harden"
    "I have something to say about James Harden....MVP"

I loved the reference to Kahwai getting trapped by the Raptors and committing 9 turnovers last week and the fact that the reason teams don't trap Harden is that he can lead the league in assists and is a willing passer.

Great clip.

hakeem94, HoustonTexas, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  13. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

No, he wasn't. If Harden played back then, he'd still score 35 - 40 a night. If Wilt played today, he'd be a 20 / 10 guy.

Wilt's success was based on the fact that he had no opponents that could even come close to matching his physical tools. He is a product of his competition.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Russell Westbrook:
    • 8x NBA All Star
    • 8x All NBA Team
    • MVP
    • 2X b2b NBA All Star gm MVP - '14 & '15.
    • Led league in SCORING 2014-15 & 2016-17
    • One of two players in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season (Oscar Robertson)
    • Averaged a triple double for 3 straight seasons
    • He is currently second all-time in career triple-doubles in NBA history.
    • Led league in assists for 2 years
    • First player to lead the league in points and assists in multiple seasons.

Rockets are 9-3

So please stop crying- NOT a good look!

@Relativist @YOLO @daywalker02

#674 Tfor3, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yep. Seems like the early optimists like @Os Trigonum have been rewarded for their patience and half-full approach.

This was a good win.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol u do know I guy can get better at shooting right lol. so just cause a guy was a bad shooter doesn't mean he always will be....ala jason kid

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, Kidd was a mediocre shooter, much better than Russ.

18. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Sthu Nabil

19. raining threes

You do realize that they widened the lane because of Wilt's dominance and that Wilt was a 100 yd dash (they had the 100yd dash back in the day) champion and a world class volley ball player. I'm going to guess you never got the chance to see Wilt play.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. raining threes

True

Both Wilt/Harden have changed the rules of the game and how the games are called. Truly transformative players.

YaoMing#1 and BaselineFade like this.