1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/15/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, people need to understand about the small ball, a lot of the times(someone can correct me with the numbers) small ball is being used FOR WESTBROOK. Dantoni is putting in shooters to space the floor, if we have Chandler or Hartenstein in there without Harden, it becomes EXTREMELY hard for us to score, thats what you guys dont get.

But, I think I agree that maybe we need to run some more like Spain pick and rolls for Westbrook or something cause iso is not really working for him unless its in transition.

Houstunna, jcmoon, BasketMAD and 4 others like this.
  2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Jesus, if not Harden, then who? Man is carrying this team on his back every night.

I'd be more impressed if he had this opinion last year, in the midst of Greek-mania.

Great win, btw. FG% could be lower, but I love the steals and the energy.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden is like the only NBA player to possess the skill and strength to do that step back that far from the 3-point line. Just an incredible, multi-gmulti-gemulti-multi-generational player. Like Hakeem, it will decades before we see another player of Harden's caliber. I'm hope I'm wrong.

4. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Sam Mitchell and Steve Smith know what's up. These are guys who have played in the league. Great watch

Deckard, Patience, coyotetex and 14 others like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

We have to find a long term solution for Westbrook’s fingers. Can our medical staff do it? Maybe we find the guys from Phoenix that fixed Hill, Nash and Shaq.

lionaire, jcmoon, mike2k132 and 3 others like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if surgery on the shooting hand happens in the off season

lionaire likes this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Preach!

RayRay10, D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If Harden would join Weight Watchers, he wouldn't gas out so easily. He should average 50, but no ... he'd rather get 3 double-cheesburgers than a triple-double.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Sam Mitchell knows what’s up he’s an ex player and coach.

finally somebody with the balls to come out and say harden is the best offensive player ever.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Harden is just. My God, Harden is just on another level. I really didn’t see them winning tonight against a good team and with so many key players missing. I lost a little money too. I’m not even mad. Great game!

hakeem94, Tfor3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And a bonus if you haven't seen it yet :

Tfor3, D-rock and Rock Block like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Harden is a basketball god, goodness gracious.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Westbrook + bench lineups simply have to be better. They can not be this atrocious.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Need to keep Harry here and give him a few minutes even when Capela is back. We got to develop the big dude. Tyson was fantastic tonight, but he is old.

BasketMAD, ak99999, plates300 and 2 others like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Amen Sam Mitchell!!! AMEN!!!

Reeko, HoustonTexas and clutchdabear like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tonight solidified how great our team can be when we get everyone healthy. I mean, Harden just gets better and better. What an amazing game. Even with Russ having a couple bad shooting nights and a bunch of bench players we still pulled out another win.

Great to see Mac starting to hit more 3's. Chandler's minutes were another nice surprise. His big presence at that rim definitely makes a difference. Rivers and everybody played their part one way or another. Keep the momentum going!

Flashy Clint in his red slipper shoes, Calvin in his shiny gold suit, Mad Max, Bill and Clyde at the mikes, and the retro jerseys all just added more fun to the atmosphere of the game. Gotta love our Rockets old and new.

jcmoon, hakeem94, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. raining threes

I love Harden, but Wilt was the greatest offensive player ever.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@don grahamleone did you see PJs fast break layup attempt? haha. My god how can someone so good be the absolute worst in the league at finishing. Again, I have to reiterate how much I love having the dude on this team but still, facepalm

Westbrook’s shooting is god awful but great game. Enjoyed that win.

Harden is the best, like we didn’t already know that

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.