1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ vs Pat Bev

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 13, 2019.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Nah it's about a man talking about a man... If I was a superstar and scrub is getting credit for stopping me when it clearly isn't the case, I would say something too.. Otherwise, that narrative is gonna be there every time they play.... It seems the media wants to get in someone's head more than the actual opponent.. Guarantee Durant wasn't thinking about Pat Bev at all till they brought it up.

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Bev is a dirty player.

Hakeemtheking and Chamillionaire like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Glad we got rid of him. Always been overrated to me. Can’t shoot can’t dribble can’t pass. Bev sucks. Why is he even a starter in this league? Did y’all see the bricks he threw up last night? Lol

ashleyem likes this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Bev has been shooting something terrible this season

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Tired of bev. For several years it was painful to watch harden play next to that scrub who can’t shoot, can’t create, nor pass. And I agree overrated D. I guess when u can’t provide much else you have to sell something.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol he’s not a skilled player so he needs an item to sell. That item is defense or flopping.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Beverley is overrated. Not and never was shut down defender cause he makes meanie faces

As far as living in Westbrook's head, Westbrook still remembers Beverley taking him out in 2013 playoffs.

#68 pgabriel, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'll still take Bev on my squad anyday

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Russ is a whiner - Bev has been in his head for years.

DD

Sooner423 likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fits right in with Westbrook

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

What an awful take. You do remember that Bev caused Russ to tear his meniscus right? Cmon now boomer

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Russ is probably still salty that Beverley made an overly aggressive move that had a significant impact on his career and potentially his legacy. I get that. I do think Beverley does play defense - he does have his own antics that he uses which can get irritating no doubt. I am fine with everything Bev does - and even if what Russ says is 100% that Bev is not a good defender but just is all hustle then thats still a skill/talent that the majority of the NBA players do not possess. You rarely see other guys do the same thing Bev does.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Energy is a talent. It's funny how most people would think athleticism is a talent but totally neglect the ability to maintain high energy level. Both are physical talents not every player has.

YOLO likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Working hard is a character trait and attitude that both Westbrook and Beverley posses. Beverley works harder, is a better defender and can get away with a lot more because of his image though. Westbrook is a more complete player, more athletic and a much better passer / able to create and just do all at a higher level Beverley can. I don't see why Houston fans want to somehow turn it into a pissing on Beverley contest or make it bigger than it is. It was just talk by Westbrook and given Harden had 47, it's all good.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Beg has to do what he does -- in-your-face aggressive d. The man has limited natural skills as a BB player. The fact he has parlayed his limited skills into tens of millions over the years is a credit to his hard work.

However, make no mistake, even with his time with us, Russ, Curry and some many other players would light him up like a christmas tree.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

And on the flip side there were plenty of times were he absolutely put the clamps on. lets not act like everyone of those guys were just scoring at will. especially russ. nobody here was saying russ was lighting up bev when he was wearing that rockets jersey. bev has given him fits defensively for years. that doesn't get taken away just bc the jersey's are different now

[​IMG]

#77 YOLO, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Even scrubs have youtube highlights. Lol

How about you post head to head numbers? I haven't look them up, but from memory, it does not look for Bev.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd venture to say it looks pretty good for bev if were talking about russ. If you're impressed with 30+ shots needed to drop 30, you can have that. that's not impressive at all. in fact, that's terrible. and if you think russ "from memory" lit up bev like a christmas tree, then you didn't watch these matchups enough. the point was to not act like bev was some pushover like you're trying to make it seem. he definitely wasn't.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah I had a lil copy and paste faux pas lol, my B...