1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Myles Garrett suspension

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

I hope he gets cut
    [​IMG]

Fulgore, tamericus and DreamShook like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Myles Garrett: Suspended indefinitely, for at least the rest of this season, plus a fine

Maurice Pouncey: 3 games, plus a fine

Larry Ogunjobi: 1 game, plus a fine

The Browns and Steelers have been fined $250K.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Rudolph initiated it and tried to take Garrett's helmet off. He should be suspended as well.

TEXNIFICENT, juanm34, King1 and 5 others like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Fine and suspend him for the rest of the season and be done move on to the next chapter. Rudolph should also get a game or two.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

I agree with Max

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I guess the instigator of it all (Rudolph) didn't get any form of punishment? I agree with the rest of the sentences, but I think Rudolph deserves a game for starting stuff and trying to rip the helmet off Garrett in the first place.

TEXNIFICENT and DreamShook like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

these optics though. Mason Rudolph gets off scot-free. Garrett was contrite, but also should have said what triggered his anger.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

SAS is a sell out since he got the bag. Maybe even before that.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Normally, I agree. But this isn't overblown coverage of two players pushing and shoving each other for 5 seconds before they had to break it up. So what was this, exactly?

> An incident involving one of the most scrutinized leagues when it comes to head trauma and domestic violence. Check.
    > An incident involving a number 1 overall pick. Check.
    > An incident on a Thursday night nationally televised game. Check.
    > An incident where, to put it bluntly, a man swung a deadly weapon at another man and connected with the weapon. Check.

Putting all that together, you have an incident where in the #1 overall pick was ripping the helmet off a person playing in the most protected role in the NFL and actually connecting. On the other hand, the person in the most protected role actually started the whole thing by trying to rip the #1 overall pick's helmet off first AND Rudolph kicked him in the groin.

Personally, I don't think this is overblown coverage at all. And as you can see by the indefinite suspension on Garrett, it wasn't a light matter.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh wow, a fine. Whatever will Mason Rudolph do? :rolleyes:

This doesn't help the image of how QBs are completely protected, and sets a bad precedence.

As a QB in the league: "Oh, if I want to start some crap with a bigger guy than me, worst thing that can happen is a fine. Hmm, good to know..."

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course qb's are protected. that's exactly the message the nfl has been trying to deliver with all these new rules

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rudolph kicked him in the nuts and he’s not suspended?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Randolph will most definitely get fined. And it doesn't matter if Garrett was pretending to be contrite or not. He's a dirty player who is running a PR campaign to mitigate the bad press he's getting for being an *******. The whole thing started from yet another late hit on Randolph with Garrett attempting to humiliate Randolph. The Browns were up 21-7 with 8 seconds left in the game. That should be it - the game is OVER but no, this dumbass fool is out there trying to punk somebody. This is why I don't want stupid assholes like him on my team.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ah ok, this is why Rudolph attempted to pull off Garrett's helmet. I turned off the games after the Browns scored the third TD. I still don't want to give Rudolph the benefit of the doubt.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Right, but I'm saying from a defensive player's perspective. I'm sure they're already feeling like they can barely tap the QB without a flag being thrown. Fraternity or not, I bet defensive players are looking at, what essentially is a slap on the wrist for Rudolph, and thinking "wtf?"

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The league couldn't wait to get in people's pockets.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Ogunjobi got 1 game for knocking Rudolph down. MR doesn't get 1 game for trying to take off a helmet and kick a guy in the groin?

I could see other players making an issue of this. I mean players around the league were kneeling because of black rights not too long ago, and now you have the 1 white guy involved getting the slap on the wrist.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

where did this narrative come from, especially the latter. I can maybe see rudolph possibly upset at garret's tackle at the end but no idea where the other part is coming from