1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Capela + Ego for Love?

Rocket River

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What’s the most salary we can take back once everyone becomes tradable if we’re offering say McLemore, Nene, GGreen, Isaiah and Clark?

ilias likes this.
  3. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

How many times does it have to be said that EGO CANNOT BE TRADED?

Zoplicone and D-rock like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Better ask @BimaThug cause i'm not sure, but maybe if we make all those contracts guaranteed we might be able to take back at least around 10M.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

McLemore , GG and Nene are on minimums.

Nene $2,564,753
    McLemore $2,174,318
    GG $2,564,753

Clark and Hartenstein are on minimums that are not fully guaranteed. Only the guaranteed part counts - Likely they would guarantee any money that isn't already.

Hartenstein $1,416,852
    Clark $1,416,852

That's a grand total of $10,137,528 outgoing x1.25 = $12,671,910‬.

Keep in mind that teams receiving them would have to have an open roster spot to accommodate each outgoing player.

If it were me , I'd dump Ryno and one of Hartenstein / Clark for no returning player , creating two tiny TPE's and opening up two roster spots then use two existing TPE's (Knight / Chriss) to absorb two players making $3.6m and $3.2m …. understanding that they cant be combined with other salary for 90 days. But after that 90 days is up I have increased my incoming trade value 3x and still have Nene , GG & McL to throw in.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I realize the number of roster spots would make most trades difficult. Though Nene and GGreen would be automatically cut. I was trying to see if we could get up to $15M and use our picks. I like your TPE idea but if it’s 90 days then there doesn’t seem to be much time left to do that.

Edit: How much is Ryno’s contract by the trade deadline?

Edit 2: Is Ryno’s contract if fully guaranteed enough to get us up to $15M?

#226 Zoplicone, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ryno is $2,564,753 - $250k guaranteed, $500k guaranteed on 10/22/19. Don't know when the rest becomes guaranteed.

He'd never be worth more than $2,564,753.

Here's the numbers for the entire team https://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/cap/

A guy in that $7m range might be all they can do if they don't use those TPE's

D-rock likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Rockets need to trade a second round pick for Jared Vanderbilt

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Corrosion is mostly correct. Since Gerald Green is on a one-year vet minimum deal, his trade value is only $1,620,564, which is the amount of his salary that the Rockets are not getting reimbursed by the league. That pushes his total figure down to around $11.4 million. (Corrosion, you also forgot to add $100,000 after multiplying by 1.25.)

I'll also reiterate his point about the other team needing the requisite roster spots to complete such a trade. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to use up 5 roster spots on the Rockets' outgoing players. Teams invest substantial resources to develop their end-of-bench players. They don't want to waive multiple guys just to complete a 1-for-5 trade and save a few bucks. More likely, the Rockets would have to find a 3rd (and possibly 4th) team to take on some of those outgoing players, making any such trade extremely difficult to pull off.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At least once more, Ms Swan...... - Will Turner

Rocket River

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like guys who are making 3/5M at best are more realistic targets at this point...the good news is that they'll probably be cheap to trade for. Assuming we're after wings/bigs and keeping expectations low:

Bembry
    Christian Wood
    Iwundu
    Hollis-Jefferson
    Stanley Johnson
    Bonga
    Craig
    Vanderbilt
    Caboclo
    Vonleh
    Treveon Graham
    Jordan Bell
    Melli
    Giles

Not even that bad imo, there's some interesting players here, although not game changers but eh.

Chamillionaire, Deuce and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would take Bol Bol too.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Clint Capela for Myles Turner

treyk3 likes this.
  14. sogood.

sogood. Member

Would love that but Pacers would laugh us off the phone.

Turner is younger, better, and can actually shoot.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The last 5 or so games, Clint has been significantly better than Turner, especially defensively.

He has also played at a much higher level than Turner ever has in the playoffs, when he absolutely shredded Gobert and Towns.

Grass always greener...

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I doubt Indiana gives up Turner for Capela, doesn't make sense for them since they play with two bigs and he can shoot...then again i'm not even that high on Turner, he can shoot and block shots but he doesn't look very durable and dynamic to me.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is such an interesting trade that I've thought about in the past. Sabonis is the center in Indy now and they paid him. They can play him and Turner together all they want but it's just not a smart use of resources in my view.

Capela for Myles Turner makes so much sense with a third team involved like Boston. In NBA 2k I did Smart to Indy , Capela to Boston and Turner here.

I think Capela is a better defender by far but I'm not sure if we can afford anyone in our lineup to be unable to space the floor with Russ in the lineup. Myles Turner has a few things in his favor besides shooting. He's younger and I could potentially see him blossoming into a second option type of player. Capela will never be a shooter and he'll never be a primary option on offense. I think Turner gives us a bit more longevity as Russ ages out of his athleticism.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. sogood.

sogood. Member

Wait what?

Turner is one of the best defensive player in the league and was in the running for defensive player of the year last season.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is this true or a joke?

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think we tend to underrate Capela because of the system he plays in.

Turner plays in a slowed down system and I do not believe he has the ability to switch like Capela was once asked to do. Turner also is surrounded by other defensive minded players and that tends to make individuals look better. Capela has constantly been asked to recover for other's mistakes and he just hasn't had the endurance to do it in the past.

As Capela plays more in a drop back defensive scheme, you are going to see his blocks go sky high, his rebounds get even higher and his defensive reputation will continue to soar. He's so fast for his size and we underrate him because we are so used to seeing him every night.

His trade value is going to get incredibly high (barring health) by the deadline if that's what the team decides to do.