1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2019.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Social media was complaining about Harden's freethrows and trying to discredit his performance last night. Tonight, Giannis was 11/20 from the free throw line and no one mentions anything :)

D-rock, Handles, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  2. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks, but if you live in Houston, I live a good distance from you. I used to live in Houston.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Austin, Texas.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Media markets are already engaged, making them more engaged via rigging doesn't really do anything. These people already bought season passes, are they gonna buy multiple season passes if the NBA rigs the games? Look at NY Knicks, losers for decades, mocked and shunned by everyone including the media but still the most valuable franchise in the NBA.

From an NBA standpoint the Raptors winning the championship made them more $$$ than a GSW 3 peat. NBA finals ratings actually went down when GSW swept the Cavs in the Finals 2 years ago. No matter how engaged the gsw crowd is they are just one segment of the NBA and the entire NBA was getting sick of GSW winning everything. If you look at WWE where everything is rigged John Cena or whoever doesn't win every match. So it doesn't make sense NBA would rig things in favor of GSW who already has a massive advantage over everyone else to begin with.

#1465 roslolian, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will forever blame the dude who made the Harden viral defense video. He is the reason people started hating Harden, and everything that followed is a direct result of that.

HoustonTexas and hakeem94 like this.
  7. don grahamleone

Why are you using the (very well known to be) rigged WWE to prove a point that the NBA is NOT rigged?

Subtle rigging isn't obvious rigging, but it's still rigging. Nuanced action is still action.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You realize that the Raptors series had good ratings BECAUSE they beat the team that took down GSW, right?

If GS had never been fabricated as being better than they actually were, that series has terrible ratings.

Ratings are an interconnected system that relies on interplay between big markets. If you look at every series in a vacuum, it’ll never make sense to you.

9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Not trying to be a party pooper. But I have additional thoughts. Let's just be mindful of the strategic differences this game would have with an hypothetical playoff game.

The defensive rotation on James would be completely different, would be all George and Kawhi. And the scheme probably too.

So, I stand by what I said, good game! But, let's remain focused on the next game.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Even further, I am in the Deep Woods of East Texas. I live on acreage, forestland. I have pictures of deer on my security cameras. It is like a different world from the city. Thanks again for the offer, there are plenty more games to see. I feel like the Rockets need a "key" addition. A forward who is big and an excellent defender. What do you think?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Guess James Harden won't be shooting any free throws tonight!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This year's jersey upgrade is real nice, but the championship years are the best.

Let's go !!

D-rock likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Double post

20191115_111742.jpg

Dirty but real nice.

#1474 Houstunna, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I hear you, but the main thing is, before this game it looks like we had no hope and now its looking like the clippers are just overrated period, even with Paul George. Kawhi leonard is looking like the most overrated player on the planet right now. I'm not even afraid of him guarding James because I think he's guarding tucker for a reason....he's damaged goods. he doesn't even help on harden when sitting right near the paint. I don't believe that load management prevents anyone from bringing their A game for one game when he's fully rested. His defensive reputation seems to be nothing more than respect given to someone who used to be great at it. I'll take James harden on kawhi one on one all day long.

other positives were that Patrick Patterson is unplayable against us, he can't hold James or russ on the perimeter so having him out negates the positives he brings in the paint, the boxing out and rebounds from an already weak defensive front court. With Clint's reemergence and Tyson chandler we have a major advantage over Zubac and Harrell on both ends of the court.

I feel that future games and a potential playoff matchup are all going to come down to Russ, House, and Gordon being able to hit their 3s....they're not going to let James go off. Russ is going to have one on one matchups with harkless, McGruder, and kawhi or George... he is going to have to hit is mid ranges and 3s, and house and eric Gordon need to hit their 3s....If we can do that, I feel we can beat the clippers.

fryjol7 likes this.
  16. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Completely disagree, Kawhi is damn good and has proved it last year in the playoffs vs Bucks, Sixers and Warriors. He definitely looks like hes keeping himself fresh for the playoffs b/c what I saw wasn't him going @ 100% especially on the defensive end and after watching PG last night they will be really good. While I do think this load management and lack of putting in effort will hurt them in the long run, because it just doesn't work in the West and could be a 3-4 seed due to it. Issue with us vs them is if they double like they were doing on PnR, Westbrook/Gordon/House/Maclemore/Rivers have to make them pay for it like Russ did in the 4th. That will happen extensively in the playoffs and so far the results from that D haven't been great.

fryjol7 likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Ok I respect your opinion and hope you're wrong lol...

How does load management and keeping yourself fresh prevent you from playing great defense on one possession when you're fully rested? He still played 40 minutes so it's not like they are cutting his minutes when needed how does it prevent you from helping in the lane when someone is driving in for an easy layup?

If load management means preventing a further injury at all costs it just means he's soft and taking this too far.

The results from that D weren't great without Gordon and house who would be taking a lot of those shots...Russ will shoot only when he has to. I think we can beat them

fryjol7 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

V. Eddie Goodhealth is always an unsung hero we could use.

19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

In some circles they would call that a patina. I think it looks good dirty and I'm not a hat guy.

D-rock and Houstunna like this.