1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Myles Garrett Was White The Topic Would Be Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Nov 14, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Monday Night Football

Edit: and if Rudolph were black

#1 pgabriel, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Huh?
    Garrett swung a helmet at Rudolph and hit him. He will get atleast 2 games and deserve it, no matter what color he is.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wrong forum. Sorry

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He could have killed him.

2 games you're an idiot

da_juice likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A Kermit Washington moment.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Am I the only one who noticed Rudolph pulling at Garret’s helmet at the very beginning when they are falling to the ground?

Doesn’t excuse what he did, but that has to be what set him off.

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Myles Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. I don't care what Rudolph did to instigate things.

Also, I have no problem with Pouncey's retaliation. Hopefully he only gets suspended for 1 or 2 games.

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Loved Myles Garrett as an Aggie and always seemed like a stand up dude, but this is insane. I think the punishment starts at a full Calendar year ban, and you could probably actually get me on board for more ... to me this is almost the equivalent of a baseball played charging the mound with a bat, though maybe more accurately equates to a pitcher intentionally hitting a batter in the head with a fastball

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but it wouldn't be surprising to see an indefinite suspension and a year or so down the line, he will have to apply for reinstatement

9. droxford

droxford Member

Also, it's Thursday night football, not Monday night football. OP is rife with fail.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...it wasn't. Rudolph wasn't hurt. He will get suspended. You can't compare what happened to Rudy T....because there was no life-threatening injury (Doesn't matter if it could have been). Dangerous? Yes.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

haha wut

you realize you can go to jail for simply trying to hurt someone, right? Seriously, what planet do you live on?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

He took off a quarterbacks helmet and then tried to beat his face in with the helmet.

The league has to come down hard on everyone involved and especially Garrett. The league cannot risk this happening again, which means showing the players and coaches the penalties are severe.

This had the potential to be terrible for the league especially with CTE. Had the helmet connected cleanly he would have had potential long term brain damage.

Also two coaching staffs that cannot control their players. Not shocked it was these two teams.

For as mediocre as BOB is, this would never happen to his team.

da_juice, the shark and King1 like this.
  13. the shark

the shark Member

^^^this

He could have killed him if he connected cleanly.

For a league that claims they're concerned about player safety they should suspend Garrett a minimum of TEN games!!

Nook likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That was nasty. Thank goodness he didn’t connect. 3 games minimum I’m sure.

15. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I think he'll be suspended rest of season. Also props to Steelers players for trying to stomp on that jackass

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And that has to this how? Unless Mason files a police report, jail is not happening. Many things that happen on a football field would get u thrown in jail off it.

The point is Rudolph was not hurt and it doesn’t rise to the level of what happened to Rudy T.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Couldn’t resist bringing your O’Brien hate into this conversation? You need help.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I complimented BOB. He would not allow something like that to happen on the field. For all his weaknesses, he does have control of his team and holds players responsible.

20. Buck Turgidson

16 game suspension.

I've got espn on in the background and it's funny listening to their coverage, talking heads trying to out-outrage each other. I thought Adam Schefter was going to need an oxygen mask.

BigM and dc rock like this.