1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We're not even playing close to our best and yet we're winning. Our defense is improving each game. The most scariest thing about all this is..... Harden isn't even playing at his consistent best yet.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dont need to disprove jack. The "wow" was self evident and everyone, including you, know it.

So many excuses for the Clips (did not want to win, really???) and so little credit to the Rox.

Debate is futile here, you can continue to "not feel right" or "surreal" all you want while celebrate my ass off on this magnificent win.

Remlap, Tfor3, sirbaihu and 1 other person like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Didn't see the game, but the stats suggest that both teams shot poorly and that Harden was the difference. He was efficient and effective. A defensive struggle except for Harden?

MrSabotage likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I most definitely see what you're saying. Westbrook running that play with Harden being the second guard would be interesting. I think we could run it on occasion, but it would be too easy to defend if teams recognized it because they could just force Westbrook to shoot the deep ball. Am I missing something?

Maybe I am because Russ is one of those fools out there that can run right through your defense you run at him. That's a lovable feature he brings to Houston.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah they have not?

Pelicans: Chandler +22, Thabo +6
    GSW: Chandler +2, Thabo -16
    Memphis: Chandler +12, Thabo +6
    Mia: Chandler -6, Thabo +16

As you can see Chandler and Thabo have contributed every time they seen the court, in Chandler's case even when he is in the court for just 2 mins he manages to do something to contribute. What matchups are you talking about? Only team that liked small ball was GSW and they done now, no Hamptons 5 lineup anymore so what's the use of midget ball? Clint playing omg didnt Morey just add a proven veteran center with championship experience? Why not use that guy instead of overplay Tucker?

As for why I call Dumbtoni Dumbtoni...that's cuz he is as far as coaches go. I've seen Dumbtoni coach since Nash days and never once was I blown away by his coaching, adjustments or tactics. In fact, the only time he has good records is if he has a transcendental talent like Harden or Nash who would do the coaching for him. If he has a normal team that relies on him to coach then he flops hard like in Lakers or Knicks. He also gets regularly outcoached and destroyed by his coaching peers like Popovich, Bud and Kerr. Dumbtoni is as Dumbtoni does.

7. don grahamleone

@solid I tell ya... if there wasn't one great play there were 1000. Fouls reigned down on the Rockets with great fury after taking a solid lead. Then a solid effort by the Clippers got them back in the game. Finally after a solid lie by the refs gave the Clippers the lead, a wind of hope crossed the floor of the Tayota Center. It smelled of lilac and pine. That's when Westbrook got off the bench and put the patchouli oil squirt on them Clippers. They didn't see it coming. The second coming of the 4 first quarter fouls happened as Russ was living up to his potential. If it wasn't a great game, it was even greater. Harden took over after that and Austin Rivers called a tech on his own father. After that it was over really, but we played the minutes leftover anyway cruising to victory. A victory that smelled like Warm Butter... or @mockster I sometimes call it. Quite the game for a true Rockets fan like yourself to miss. Perhaps you'll use some free time to watch it. It 'twould not be a waste. Solid effort by the Rockets tonight.

#1347 don grahamleone, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    solid, BigShasta, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  8. don grahamleone

@D-rock I just want to vouch for @Downtown Sniper ... he's one of the good ones on here. Like many. Like you.

hakeem94, FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I just re-watched the last 6 minutes. That hit on Capela by JGreen was DIRTY. Like, really dirty. He got rid of the ball and then body checked CC’s head.

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

lol almost spit out my drink reading this

“That's when Westbrook got off the bench and put the patchouli oil squirt on them”

11. don grahamleone

He is (bad at shooting near the rim) in the NBA. You're being fair. He wasn't in college though. I wish he would go to the rim, clear out room with a spin move and finish with a hook like he did back in the day. Much more effective.

I love PJ regardless though. Dude plays his butt off in a tough league.

Mazulis, hakeem94, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks don g! No beef with DTS, just surprised at the negativity.

If I read his post wrong, my bad.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Miami we got blown out and GS is the worst team in the league with G league players. So you can just throw those out. Memphis is also a bottom tier team. Pelicans and tonight they both played well. But you dont exactly have a bunch of data to back up your assessment. I hope Thabo and Chandler continue their success though, I really do.

Lol no they havent. And thats still a tiny ass sample size for whatever you are using. The Lakers for one. When they use two bigs we can go small and they cant cover our shooters. Im just saying, there will be times when small ball is favorable, its not black and white like what you are talking bout.

Like you have enough knowledge to know what getting blown away by coaching even means. You have no idea what kind of work he puts into the team. He revolutionized NBA offenses. Kerr and Popovic pretty have always had better rosters than him every time, and the one time they did Robert Horry happend....man if you dont know the history, why bother brining it up.

hakeem94, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Huge grin on my face.

That fourth quarter was fire.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No doubt.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a single clip of PJ in college. I’m actually really curious now to see what that was like.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I felt like that was coming as I was watching the play happen. He miss handled the ball a little bit then picked it up too early. He needed one more dribble.

17. Rocketeer4Life

Rivers locked down Lou Williams in the last 5 minutes of the game. Thank God we have Rivers for another season!

jcmoon, jboslett, Mazulis and 7 others like this.
  18. Bobby Jackson Rules

any injury report on Capela?

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm guessing you are referring to Mike D'Antoni?
    The coach with second best winning record in the NBA over the past 3 seasons?
    Likely to have the BEST record over 4 years with the Warriors hitting the skids?
    A .700 winning percentage?
    2017 NBA Coach of the Year?
    You may not agree with some of his methods but the RESULTS need no explanation.
    I"m pretty sure we know who the dumb one is here. . .

#1359 Remlap, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Nook, don grahamleone, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  20. JackLordsHair66

He played solid D and was a decent outlet for when the double team on James came, but he has to do better than 1-8 on 3s man !! If he hits a few of those 3s this game is a blow out. He will be playing a lot more the next 6 weeks so hopefully the repetition and routine will help him gain confidence in his 3pt shot, really glad we have him and that’s something I never thought i would ever say but he’s been a great addition since he came here (and stayed) !