1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Whistleblower outed as partisan hack; fired from NSC for leaking

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Oct 30, 2019.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I guess it's not clear. I don't believe that there is a real whistleblower who was innocently concerned and reported his concerns. Now that that's settled: I absolutely see the validity of the law and believe in the protections afforded by law, where applicable. I pray I never find myself in that kind of predicament. I don't wish it on you or anyone else. I'm just skeptical about what's playing out. .... I know...this is where the name calling starts. That's ok though. I'm hitting the sack and look forward to the show tomorrow. Late.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

....yeah, I can’t tell if you’re trolling. Your argument is very difficult to take seriously, though.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Threats against Ukraine whistleblower's legal team lead to law enforcement probe
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/poli...eats-law-enforcement-investigation/index.html

‘The whistleblower should be shot’: FBI investigating death threats aimed at anonymous Trump informant, source says
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0191030-mxejhm5bprfwbouot3ruvxntii-story.html

As Trump Attacks, Death Threats Against the Whistleblower and His Lawyers Increase
    https://www.motherjones.com/politic...t-the-whistleblower-and-his-lawyers-increase/

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

why? do you believe no one can be challenged by their ethics? No one can hold the ideals of public service above their own peril?

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Forget about putting out the raging inferno, we need to find out who pulled the fire alarm!

FrontRunner, Ottomaton, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry about the Hurricane that will crash down in 24 hours, what party was the weatherman who is reporting it?

ima_drummer2k and FrontRunner like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look up. There have been numerous threats against his life and even that of the team defending him.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Typical house republican trump defender...

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bolton is the whistle blower

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...Bolton does sort of blow, doesn't he?:);):D

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

@bigtexxx I know everyone has mentioned it, but i will reiterate. The whistleblower can best be compared to an anonymous 911 tipster. If someone calls the police and gives specific detail about a robbery in progress, the police are within their right to go investigate that robbery. This is true even if the caller doesn't divulge his identity. At court this would hold up as well because the police were responding to a tip with sufficient detail. The police are the ones who we call to testify. Obviously the tipster would be nice to add details, but it cuts both ways. If the police find the robber at the scene in the commission of the robbery, the tipster's testimony would be largely duplicative and unnecessary. Now if the tipster saw the suspect but when police arrived the suspect was gone, it would be difficult to convict.

Long story short, the whistleblower (tipster) identity or testimony is just not a serious factor for the impeachment proceedings.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Lol what rose colored glasses you have. The problem is the whistleblower didn’t offer clear evidence, and was a Biden loyalist. Clear bias.

MiddleMan and Silent_Bob like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This might be THE breakthrough to crack BENGHAZI wide open.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

But he wasn't wrong. Trump didn't have a "perfect call"....

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Trump retweeted for the first time an article listing the whistleblower's name.

The article says that Adam Schiff offered the whistleblower's close friend a job the day after the famous Ukraine call!

...and Biden invited him as a guest to a state department banquet!

What a corrupt con job this whole episode has been. A total waste of time.

MiddleMan likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So we believe all articles now?

And really the whistleblower is a footnote on this story now.

Here is a link to the story if anybody is interested it was published 0n 12-3.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-ciaramella-the-day-after-trumps-ukraine-call

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I thought you were a big proponent of waiting for all the facts to come in before reaching a conclusion.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, his FRIEND.

"hey buddy, if you do me a favor, I'll do your friend a favor"

lol

Meanwhile, ignore the fact that your God, Trumpster, is trying to get away with bribing a foreign gov't to run propaganda for him.

And you wonder why no one respects you?

No Worries likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Impeachment or not, you just described the Trump Administration better than anyone else could.