1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Burgers and such

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Nov 10, 2019.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Surprisingly, one of my favorite burgers is from Niko Niko's. At least the one from their kids meal. My son will get it, and everytime I'm like "man, I hope he only eats half."

FranchiseBlade and dachuda86 like this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It’s easy to get a good burger......it’s damn difficult to get a really GREAT burger. Still juicy....even a bit greasy ......with a serious char on the meat, toasted HOT bun with the right meat to bread ratio, good pickles, onion, garden fresh tomato and none of that fancy lettuce....must be iceberg. Used to know of this scary lounge in Hitchcock near bayou vista that had such a thing. Closed down years ago. Been chasing that dragon ever since. Doesn’t hurt to have a beer served at around 31 degrees and some really good (properly prepared) fries with it as well.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

"That some kind of eastern thing?"

"Far from it."

4. MystikArkitect

Not even. They force the fries on you so the cheapest burger there is 16 dollars.

5. likestohypeguy

Generally a thin, charred patty, iceberg, tomato, onion, pickles and mustard. Whoever can make that fresh & right, which ofc varies not only from spot to spot, but day/shift even at the same location. Chains- texas burger, Texas style burger, dairy queen, dairy mart, Red Top, or whataburger & sonic in a pinch all CAN do that right, but none consistently do. If I'm going to a steakhouse or even becks prime, I'm not getting a burger. Ribeye sandwich at least.

I'm worn out on all the boutique burgers with baby power spring greens & fancy cheeses, donut burgers & semi ironically themed "heart attack" anything, and don't need excessively buttered & toasted buns. Just make it straight ahead and right... although I never get mad at fresh in house baked buns. Some of the best burgers come from hybrid bakery restaurant/diners... if anyone is near hobby airport area, there is an incredible DONUT-Diner at beltway 8 south and pearland parkway/monroe. You have to hold the cheese & mayo from default, and they use the wrong kind of lettuce, but man does a freshly baked bun still make it great. Also make an incredible americano. Actually never had one of their donuts.

https://a48cef03-afe2-43d5-824b-c35...d/5bb96b_ce09940aa1224de79f42a9c91ca17e95.pdf

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Just looked this place up. Good to see SOMEbody finally beat back Mr. Buffett's lawyers! I'd eat there on principle alone.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We have been told by wait staff on multiple occasions that musicians that entertain the patrons are not allowed to sing Buffett songs.

Colt45 likes this.
  8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

HA! So he got SOMEthing out of it. Wikipedia also said he managed to get them to agree that they couldn't name any other location "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I lived in the thriving metropolis of Frederick, MD for about 8 years in the Aughts. There is a nice little family place there that serves up a pretty tasty burger called "Cheeseburgers n' Paradise"...well, they USED to be called "Cheeseburgers n' Paradise". Then Jimmy sicced the lawyers on 'em and now it's "Beef n' Buns n' Paradise". A one off family owned joint in a little berg in rural MD.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know we're talking about local joints ... but the best burger on the planet is located in Queenstown, New Zealand. Fergburger. The name gets a laugh or two, but that burger is legit.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No such. Cheeseburger.

Pepsi... Chip...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy