1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Pierce: I won't be blown away by James Harden's stats until he starts averaging 40

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 13, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

j/k, we can't handle the truth.

2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He's a chump for saying that. Maybe it is something personal because Pierce is a LA native as well. Harden's family history intercepted with his in a personal way?

3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Harden is way quicker...

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

James Harden with the CASUAL 37.3pg.

Man.

NBA gone Stinkfist.

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

This. Pierce is more of a tweener between a wing and post up player. He was probably a post up player in College but couldn't deal with the substantial size increase in the NBA...

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I refuse to watch this. This sounds like something you'd say to mock the other analysts jabbing Harden. Is he being facetious?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think he’s saying that he’s so used to Harden putting up such insane stats that he needs to put up 40 to take notice.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Didn't bother watching the vid, but I get this gist of the statement.
    Maybe he mean't to say 'surprised' instead?

"I won't be surprised by James Harden's stats until he starts averaging 40"
    (like 35 or 37 it's not even a surprise any more). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

BigShasta and BaselineFade like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

haven’t watched, and don’t plan on watching this video...I’m hoping he means that Harden is such a tremendous scorer that averaging 37 ppg is something nobody doubts he can do, so if he does something unexpected like averaging 40 then it will be noteworthy...still sounds ridiculous, but could be a way of showing him respect as a scorer

hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The real Truth:

[​IMG]

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Uh, ok. He will go down as one of the top 15 players to ever play the game. He needs one ring and that will solidify himself in that camp. If he gets 2 he possibly be in top 10. Different set of expectations for players of his caliber.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Their point about the increased pace contributing to his scoring is interesting.

We all know that Harden is drawing more free throws than ever this year (15.1 per game to last year's 11.0). I'd love to see stats on average FTs per possession for those years, and for this year as compared to Giannis and other big FT drawers.*

* Not enough to actually find the stats and do the math, mind you. I'm just hoping someone else wants to do it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Paul Pierce will just keep moving the needle to see what Harden can do. My guess is that he's already impressed as hell.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Remember the time Danny Ainge trade Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett away for lottery picks from the New Jersey Nets back then.

Washed up has beens Nets team believed they can win a Championship, Reality bit them with old age and many lottery years.

15. macan

macan Member

if it was Curry who averaging 30 points per game, all these media members gonna be all wet down there

Rocket River and rgw20014life like this.
  16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Pierce wishes he could of avg 37pts for 10 games during his unimpressive career.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Paul Paul Paul Paul . . . . .. . . Why don't go try to convince Gabriel Union that you are better than DWade

Rocket River

18. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I wish someone would ask him if he would be impressed if Kyrie or AD or Giannis averaged 37.

He would either have to admit that he is not impressed with any player averaging more points in a season than Jordan EVER did or that he judges Harden by a different standard.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think that's a clickbait title. When Pierce says it's "nothing," I think he's saying more that it's just another day in the office for Harden, because of last season.

But if he averages 40, that'll skew more positive with people.

You guys crapping on Pierce for his take are pretty ridiculous.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Paul Pierce isnt hating on James.

PP likes Harden actually.

He is saying that the bar is set higher for Harden because of how easy he has made scoring look.

You butt hurt babies cant even sift the praise from hating.

cmoak1982 and BaselineFade like this.