1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

lol of course Trevor Bauer would chime in. Won't surprise me if the media starts running with the Astros are also doctoring pitches that he tried to make a thing last year.

lw17 likes this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

“You wish you could go back in time and figure that out earlier, because we thought we were the better team.We probably were the better team.”

This is so beyond stupid as a comment that it’s infuriating.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Tyler is just being Tyler by trying to troll Bregman, and it was actually pretty funny.

Poloshirtbandit and RustyHarden like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[...]

In the wake of another reason to wonder about the Astros’ methods and the people who inspire those methods, the question was at the forefront at baseball’s general managers meetings here. Rival baseball operations folks, some of whom might also be dusting the ground behind them with leafy branches, insisted that a warning or fine or mild suspension of the culprits would leave the issue of sign stealing right where it is. That is, don’t get caught. What if it cost a draft pick or two? What if men lost their jobs? What if the fine were significant enough to affect the roster?

What if the answer didn’t always have to be, “Well, change your signs.”

Imagine how the Los Angeles Dodgers feel. Or the New York Yankees. Or the Boston Red Sox. They all lost to the Astros in the ’17 playoffs, when the Astros were 8-1 at Minute Maid Park and 3-6 at Dodger Stadium, Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. Two of those series went seven games.

“I don’t think it’s in the institution’s best interest if I comment,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said.

Said Dodgers general manager Andrew Friedman: “I read the article. It sounds like MLB is investigating it. And it sounds like sour grapes for me to comment too much on this.”

Asked if he was suspicious then, he said, “Um, tough for me to say. I’m a person who looks forward more than I look back.”

[...]

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

The article specifically states that the accusations are limited to the regular season. Have any of these people ever been to a playoff game? There's no way that banging on a trash can could be heard in that environment. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

6. ktex

ktex Member

If they only have wanna be thug Mike Fiers word on this, we're fine.

lw17 likes this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sooo Apple watches anybody? or do we need to ship them some B-12 vitamins?

8. MystikArkitect

We won the World Series.

I dont care. Tired of loser right way guy whining about why the girl doesn't respect him.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Baseball is a sport of cheating. If this did happen I think I'll get over it.

mikol13 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Feels like the same sentiment here as when the Taubman news first broke out. I don't see why the need to defend something wrong. I understand the reasoning behind the Osuna trade and at the same time find it appalling that Taubman said what he said. I can understand and enjoyed the WS win and at the same time admit that the Astros 99% likely broke the rules. And they broke it to a much larger extent than other teams given that teams use much more complicated signs against the Astros than in other matchups.

All there is to do now is see if there's enough evidence for MLB to punish and hope that our hitters aren't in large part great due to sign stealing.

elrond likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're thinking of the Redsox but either way, everybody cheats. Astros just have to be smart enough to cover their tracks as to not lose draft picks and we're good.

Gray_Jay and lw17 like this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Theory.... we are stealing signs but from the bullpen the old fashioned way and we are doing video scouting in game... but I have a hard time believing that sign stealing, analyzing, and relaying is happening near instantaneously

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah that's what I find hilarious about all this. Whoever made this "software" to analyze a pitchers motions/determine the pitch outcome/relay to our players in real time should be working for Google right now.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

An air horn would have been cooler and easier heard, cmon Stros step up your game.

15. VanityHalfBlack

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

I would of preferred if we used a vuvuzela.

msn likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Because of this, I'm wearing Stros this offseason and beyond. 2018 MLB robbed Altuve of a HR in the playoffs, wasn't the ball in the stand?!?!?!? I'm sure none of the Stros are going to comment because they can't talk about it until it is cleared. How many different pitches do pitchers have, the good ones have more than 3. I hope when I see Fiers pitch in Minute Maid Park, I'd be boooooooooing him until he gives up a grand slam, or get caught cheating with sticky substance. Better yet, check his glove everytime when he pitches in MMP.

phasors28 and lw17 like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sounds to me like there are a lot of haters that play and/or cover the MLB. There's a dynasty in the making here in Houston and everyone is trying to tear them down but if the Yankees start winning WS titles again it's "we're back to the glory days of baseball" lol give me a F break.

Gray_Jay, AznH-TownFan and lw17 like this.
  19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Still gotta hit the ball tho

Also it wasn't done in the WS

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So Feirs deleted all of his social media, is being called a snitch by MLB players, players anonymously saying they would refuse to speak to him if he were a teammate and now people are saying there's some really bad stuff in his past about to come out. He ruined himself for this article. I can't stand the guy as much as anyone but I hope this isn't true. If any of you follow Astro Twitter FAM you know Josh is as nice and straight as can be...so to see him say this is scary. No idea why Twitter is not allowing link shared today either?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.