1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Post-HK, Daryl forced to eat alone at NBA GM Mean Girls cafeteria

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Nov 12, 2019.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I forgot where I read or heard that Morey and Ainge are notorious low ball offer guys. Morey is the guy in your fantasy league that offers you his back up tight end for your star wide receiver. I guess after a while it’s annoying.

HP3 and amaru like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Morey has had to live in fear, probably even now, consulting security experts changing all this passwords, not being able to talk with his friends.

It is absolutely tragic that an american citizen has to go through all this over one tweet.

If you think that this will just blow over you are severely deluded.

The CCP is not going to be any less nazistic any time soon.

And someone from the nba is bound to speak up again when another of the attrocities they are commiting comes to the spotlight.

clutchdabear, BMoney, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

I know. But this is Clutchfans and you know how some people can run with literally no facts at all.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Not discounting what Morey is going through, but millions of American citizens live through much worse....and it's perpetrated by their own countrymen.

FrontRunner and HP3 like this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Reading this POS will tell lots of people that Morey is actually pretty likable in his own peers (the executives in the league).

But there are more shitty writers or media a-hole like SAS hate him so much like they were working for the CPP.

malakas likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

...Your point? In fact you ARE trying to discount it, by bringing up something completely irrelevant.

7. amaru

amaru Member

I already made my point.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

more China threads ... that tweet just keeps on giving

FrontRunner and amaru like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. HP3

HP3 Member

'Though a couple of NBA executives speculated Morey might have greater difficulty attracting marquee free agents to Houston, few said that his ability to perform his job would be affected beyond having to placate Fertitta, a shotgun marriage that sources close to the Rockets have considered a tenuous fit since Fertitta bought the team in 2017. Tilman sucks."

I hate this guy. I wish we had Ballmer as an owner.

SamFisher likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Tenuous is being kind.

Tillman is a freaking tornado that just goes through and causes havoc all around and expects others to pick up the pieces and make steak out of ground chuck.

The most revealing comment was that Morey is always thinking two or three steps ahead and will turn this into a positive for him.

This ride isn't going to last much longer..... and he knows it.

TMac'n, D-rock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We’re in the position where we have to win now. I personally like morey’s stance on the issue. He’s always asserted himself. You only live once. Go big or go home. He’s singlehandedly changed the whole game time and time again. He’s definitely got the vision and got more balls.

D-rock likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Id rather just keep Morey and ditch Fertitta. I wish people on twitter would let him know, nobody wants him here.

clutchdabear, FrontRunner and malakas like this.
  14. thekad

thekad Member

Stubborn enough to make him dig in even more like Dolan. Rockets fans are stuck with this moron for the long haul.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

:(

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

That caught my eye as well.

"Dannyboy, how about this revised take: Tatum/Brown/Hayward/3 1sts for Hartenstein AND Clark?!"

#36 topfive, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I can imagine unintelligent people or childish butt hurt billionaire owners still being mad at Morey but I can't imagine a smart person seeing this as anything else than what it is - the Chinese government and Joseph Tsai using Morey fairly innocuous support for Honk Kong(by American standards) to make a point they wanted to make anyway. They were exploiting a situation for the sake of their own public relations. I would argue that Joseph Tsai willingly playing the foil to Morey was just as damaging to the NBA because he stoked the flames the Chinese government was already trying to stoke and he reinforced the erroneous 'cultural insensitivity' propaganda that the Chinese government was trying to sell people on in the first place in an effort to make the conversation a cultural one rather than one about protestors being beaten in the streets. It was an effort to get people to look the other way because as an American 'how can we be expected to understand the sensitivities of another culture'(no thanks to Steve Kerr, Lebron James, and a few other once prominent NBA cultural warriors).

I'll repeat it again - there is nothing outrageous about an American supporting Hong Kong's right to peaceful protest. The "issue" at hand here is how China is combatting it's Hong Kong problem by trying to shame American businesses (they THEY choose to do business with) by punishing them if they also don't endorse the "look the other way" mantra of good fascist dictatorships everywhere.

clutchdabear, D-rock and HP3 like this.