1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

Clint is playing better. He was getting a lot more physical yesterday. He was also hustling more. Part of that is on him and part of that is MDA. The Rockets are trying to keep at least 1 real center on the court at all times and they are trying to keep that center in the paint more. It’s noticeable when you pay attention to perimeter defense and now it’s showing up in the stats column.

RudyTBag, D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Clint has been playing well and Hayward is injured though.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Capela can't guard sh't now, when you are getting beat by Okafor on rebounds and not able to run back on time and giving up layups after layups by scrubs, and also getting yelled by your own coach and teammates.

You are done.

jcmoon likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You mean the small-ball "clean up my mess, what do you mean you're tired" coach and the matador-perimeter-defense "clean up my mess, what do you mean you're tired" teammates?

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Clints been playing well indeed, now that they stopped switching him onto the perimeter....

But these are against bad teams....will it work having harden on the perimeter against a good team? He's played good D these past few games but still doesn't have arms long enough....

It still doesn't solve the fact that we need a stretch 5....

Our starting line up is usually tied or behind after the first quarter....we haven't beaten any good teams yet. Hayward would be a good defender and second option in the half court....if we do that trade well probably have to roll with harten stein till this summer and punt this season

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Our starting lineup usually beats these guys in the third though. We'll see how well we do against the Clippers, im excited.

No, punting this season? Absolutely not, that is ridiculous. Nah Im all the way good fam.

7. jcmoon

Ok....why don't we wait until we play a fully loaded Clippers and Lakers team and see how we do... I don't see us as a contender right now but I hope to be wrong

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, thats fair enough.Either way we are on our last legs for the Harden era.

jcmoon likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Dan House is healthy for the Clippers/Lakers.

It's tough to get a gauge on where we are without his much needed size and shooting.

10. jcmoon

Exactly...I'd rather have a real shot next year with a better lineup that fits than another first or second round exit....I feel that we need to trade Clint as soon as we can or well be stuck with him...

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets see how the team looks against good teams, before we write them off. I'd like to see how we tack up against the Clippers.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How do we stack up against the Clippers?

Without House and EGO, and with our ex-players there still sticking it to us, don't be surprised if the answer is, "Like a house of cards."

But here's hoping for an impressive win against ESPN's favorite (along with the Lakers).

jcmoon and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk, i feel like the Rockets never perform how we expect them too haha. I feel so comfortable with us in the underdog role lol