1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Guess we all need to shut up and listen.

This guy seriously gets to me. I don’t believe a thing he says and I really don’t think he’s capable of bringing a championship to the organization. He almost lucked into a championship season one, but now it’s not looking good.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I gave him the benefit of the doubt initially. I wanted to believe. But just look at the track record. The Rockets are *right there* and moves at the margins can make a BIG difference.

Tilman gets credit for the new uniform change. They look good. But that is it.

#362 Deuce, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I was kinda neutral on the Westbrook trade cause even though i didn't like to give up all those picks to swap Chris with Russ, i understood that on paper this at least should extend our window, and so far Russ has been ok if not good i'd say.

What i really disliked were all the minor moves we made in the last two years to dump salary (and those we didn't make to take on it), aside the fact that i always thought giving Anderson that contract was a big mistake, what happen after with his contract was even worse, lost a lot of picks, young players, contracts to move...and now here we are, basically forced to trade (most likely losing value) Capela if we want to make even a minor upgrade, cause i agree with you, i don't see how we can make a major upgrade here so, yeah.

Personally, and fwiw of course, i can still see teams having interest in Clint:

- Hawks (protected pick via Brooklyn plus Bembry?)
    - Mavs (no assets)
    - Spurs (1st rounder plus Poeltl...meh)
    - Hornets (one between Zeller, Biyombo, Marvin plus 1st rounder...but they won't move their pick since it'll be in top 10 for sure)
    - Raptors (Ibaka or Gasol plus their 1st rounder)
    - Cavs (Thompson
    i wonder if James would be ok with him
    plus Bucks 2022 pick or Kevin Porter)
    - Celtics (Smart plus 1st rounder)
    - Kings (i don't see them having interest but who knows...maybe for two players between Dedmon, Holmes, Bjelica and their pick? I dream about Bogdanovic but nothing will happen with the Kings imo)

I think these are all potential partners, especially Hawks, Raptors, and Celtics, but i don't know if Morey will be able to find a great deal.

saleem, raining threes and mikol13 like this.
  4. smp

smp Member

I don’t think we need additional talent. We have that. What we need is a coach who can pull this defense together and a coach who is willing to sub for defense at the appropriate times.

When Harden sits, focus on lock down defense. The bench should be all about keeping the other team from scoring.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. raining threes

Spot On

Now their hands are tied and they will have to get lucky in the buyout market, Find guys that can play from overseas or a G-League find and that almost never happens.

saleem and Nook like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can’t really be overstated how screwed the Rockets are going forward with Tilman. It’s less about what’s happening now and more about what will happen in future years.

Dude actively hindered a championship contender with one of the best players he’ll ever have and one of the best GM’s he’ll ever have. There’s a decent chance he’ll never have a situation as good as this one going forward, and if he didn’t choose to win now, he’ll never choose to win. The moment Morey and Harden are gone, it’ll be tough to ever get back to the top of the league. At that point...you’re looking at Suns/Knicks level stuff.

AND YET....there are still, to this day, people who have defended Tilman as an owner.

BigMaloe, Zboy, Wulaw Horn and 7 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No lies here.

lilbird20 and raining threes like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

You don't know that.
    Owners grow and change with experience as well.They improve.

BigMaloe, HP3, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's fair. Tilman could very well be going through *new owner syndrome* and learning the hard way that owning a sports team (with DUAL goals of WINNING and Making money) are different from owning restaurants whose ONLY goal is making money. There are different methods for both. Tilman has to learn that.

BigMaloe, lilbird20, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Celts defense good enough at pivot for regular season but both Ainge and Steven's are looking ahead to postseason.

Robert William's can be another Clint Capela someday, maybe.

Clint is already Clint Capela. And in the East, Clint would be an all star.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

10 games in Clint is 5th in blocks per game, 5th in FG% (w/ 5+FGA), and 9th rebounds per game. Not bad considering he had a shaky start.

12. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Brian Windhorst, brought this up again today. This has some serious legs assuming for Gordon or Brown IMO that makes the most sense.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think Tilman will get even worse.

I have faith in him.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

We arent trading Gordon if he gets back to form imo.

roslolian likes this.
  15. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

He meant trade for Gordon Hayward or Brown

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Either way, i dont think we want Hayward, and I dont think the Celtics will trade Brown.

Patience likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I think they'd want brown first but with the way he was playing they would take him at this point...he was looking like his old all-star self...expensive, but its still a trade that can upgrade the team while getting rid of clint.

HP3 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

doghousing him clearly worked

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

EG can’t be traded this season because he has signed the extension.

HP3 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The East is still a weaker version of the NBA West and Kemba is no Harden....or WBrook.

I like that the Celts have borderline Allstars at almost every position.

D-rock likes this.