1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mad Max excited about the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 7, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not Les Alexander China money grab red

If we wanted a trade war we could just trade them Les
    He’s in Florida
    Export him to China

2. Hardy Toll Road

Les did do us pretty dirty. Still can't believe when my father told me Les wanted to move the Rockets to Kentucky out of all places.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’d rather have aminu also but I don’t think we had the full MLE to pay him.

The most we could offer was the mini MLE or whatever it’s called.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we had the full non taxpayer MLE. it would've hard capped us, but take our team now and swap house for aminu and we JUST make it under the hard cap. seeing how difficult it is to get Tilman to pay any tax, being afraid of the hard cap is nonsense because he would never exceed that amount of spending anyway.

if we spent the full taxpayer MLE it would've put us over the tax, so we gave house as much as we could while ducking the tax (assuming all remaining roster spots are minimum contracts, which is turns out they were).

there is also the option of giving house his money and spending the remainder of the non taxpayer MLE to bring in a second guy. the remainder of the non taxpayer MLE after signing house happened to be equal to the full taxpayer MLE.

the thing is there were chances to upgrade the team but they didn't want to pay the tax. and hoping for a S&T makes no sense because trades cost picks and signing a guy doesn't. hoping for a buyout signing makes no sense either because you maybe get someone half way through the season instead of definitely getting someone for the whole season.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Does hard capping you effect being able to resign or extend Gordon right now or in the offseason?

It’s tricky because aminu and rivers is better than house and rivers no question.

But being completely stuck and hard capped is a tough the team is better now but zero room to improve at all moving forward.

But I will say aminu might push us over the top.

I’m actually really bullish on this years team.

I think they will be better than the clippers and lakers. I think rebounding is what’s going to make or break this team if we can be avg on the boards imo well be tops record wise in the league.

The offense is going to be fine it always is under MDA and harden.

And with the warriors I won’t say out the way but different and with more parity i think the rockets D will be just fine..... as long as the cab grab defensive boards.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I don't think it would effect extending gordon. and many of the best GMs in the league are hard capped this year. nothing to be really afraid of, especially when we have an owner that will never spend above $138M even when we aren't hard capped! he's dead set on staying under the $132M tax line.

I agree with you about our team. I think we will close in on 60 wins again. might be the best in the west come playoff time. it all comes down to health, defense and rebounding. chandler is a way better rebounder than nene. and aminu would've helped there too. our main guys are pretty durable, defense and rebounding will be the areas for concentration / improvement.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Don't tease us!

And since Yao Ming renounced the Rockets, No. 11 is available.

mikol13 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member