1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Can I Torture my Neighbor's Dog?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And this rep you cannot cha-aa-ainge.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Try a soft pellet gun. Just a pop everytime it attacks your fence.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Look, if you're not going to fight for alpha status, just set up your drum kit in your back yard and start banging away. Torture accomplished.

Deckard, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

And pay FFB with a sixer to sing some country over the drums.

[​IMG]

Deckard, arkoe, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I once had a neighbor who would leave his dog in the yard all day and night. It was a young dog and it would howl, bark, and cry quite a bit. I have my own dogs and I couldn't imagine treating them that way. The neighbors would always complain whenever I talked to them in passing. It was really annoying. Finally I'd had enough so I went to the guy's house to confront him. His doorbell didn't work so I banged on his garage door, it must have been near midnight. The guy finally came out and I ripped him for treating his dog so poorly. He actually apologized and I thought we had a victory here. Howeva, rather than taking his dog inside and not being an *******, he went full ******* and put a shock collar on his dog. What the hell can you do?

London'sBurning likes this.
  7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

feed 'em so jalapenos

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

human beings are such ****ing pieces of ****

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

awww man....i started a similar thread like 20 years ago on here!

Then I actually got two dogs so yeah....not a cool thread!

Deckard likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stop entertaining the idea of torture altogether.....

Deckard and Ottomaton like this.
  11. Xerobull

We’ve been spending a lot of time in the back yard and our neighbor’s dog barks nonstop. I grabbed one of these and it worked perfectly.

MODUS Dog Bark Control Device

It’s a crapshot, though and I think a lot of the effectiveness has to do with breed and age. For example, my Mastiff just sniffs it and thinks it’s a snack. My Jack Russell, on the other hand, doesn’t like it but it doesn’t stop him from whining to get in at the back door. My neighbor also has six other dogs but they stay inside most of the time. When they do come out, this device will shut six of seven of them up, with the exception of their old dog who just makes a couple of tired barks then goes back inside anyway. (I call my neighbors the Bumpuses)

#71 Xerobull, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If you were in China you could always kidnap it and take it to one of their shitty wet markets I suppose.

Andre0087 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  13. droxford

droxford Member

We used to have a similar device. It worked fine at first. Then, after a while, the dog got used to it and resumed its incessant barking.

Deckard likes this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

One of those shitty situations in life where you don't really have any good recourse. Like a coworker who coughs/blows their nose/clears their throat every 90 seconds. Drives you insane but not too much you can do about it under some circumstances.

15. Xerobull

There are other alternatives. You could rig up a sound sensor to a water sprinkler that turns on when the noise reaches x decibel, given that the area is quiet without the dog barking. Or a similar setup with a much more powerful ultrasonic speaker.

https://ultimatebarkcontrol.com/products/dog-silencer-max

16. Buck Turgidson

Doesn't the helicopter drown out the dog noise?

Xerobull likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dragging the dog to the zoo and feeding the gators also drowns out the noise very well.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah.... Unlike!

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I live on a corner and used to have a neighbor across the street from the side of my house who would park under a row of trees we’d planted when we built the place. There was an empty curb in front of his house, an empty curb on the side, and an empty driveway, yet he would park on our curb because he liked the shade. He had shade on the side of his own place, but it wasn’t across the street from his front door.

This irritated the hell out of me. What to do? What if I asked him not to park there and he just blew me off? What solution that couldn’t produce a confrontation of some sort would work? I have a sprinkler system. When he wasn’t there, easy to know because his car wasn’t under my trees, I turned a couple of the sprinkler heads around so they were aimed at his car. This guy liked his car, kept it nice and shiny, but didn’t like it enough to park it in the garage. I set my sprinklers to go off at random times. After a week of this, he never parked there again, so I turned the sprinkler heads back around. Problem solved. That was about 5 years ago. He moved a year after this happened.

Xerobull likes this.