1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video on James Harden - Has This Ever Been Done Before?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Nov 9, 2019.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This, If you want to post it here put on a disclaimer that it is a terrible video. Now I clicked it because I thought it was an informed video.

Mazulis, Blurr#7 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Hahahahaha he uses an 8 game sample in which harden had like 2 of his worst games ever, and uses it to show that harden is the 66th best player in the league this season

coyotetex, vlaurelio and s3ts like this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

if you don't like Harden getting fouled, then stop fouling him and let him score. or change the rules. either way, Harden gets his way, and you have to admit that Harden is as good as they come offensively.

aside from that, i never agreed w/ Morey on Harden being better than Jordan, but i won't question his intelligence on the acquisition of Harden. it saved his career, saved this basketball team from certain doom. Harden is the saving grace of Houston and Morey, and if that means that designates Harden as the best offensive player ever in Morey's book, so be it.

Lebron vs Jordan, however, is insane, and Morey should stop w/ that ****.

vlaurelio and BaselineFade like this.
  4. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Why is this fool using Harden's eFG% and 3PA/3PM when he's on a shooting slump AND it's only been 9 games into the season. What a schmuck

Reeko and vlaurelio like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Michael Jordan is a 56 year old grandfather, if you give him the ball you better hope there's a paramedic around.

jeevinesh and Blurr#7 like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

In the 2 or 3 minutes I watched, he kept saying that Harden was "bending the rules". How in the world was he "bending" them? I've never understood that angle. I mean, if there were things that weren't in the spirit of the rule, then clarify the rules. They've done that with the swingthru move thing. It's not a shooting foul anymore, but about 35 people in the league were doing it.

James Harden's stepback 3 move is the same as your beloved Jordan's.. only it's at the three point line. If Harden is bending the rules, then Jordan already got away and bent them like a mother ****er.

That wasn't a statistical argument, that was **** talking with stats thrown in.

7. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

The more words you need to make an argument, the weaker that argument is. That dude needed thousands of words and half a dozen graphs to attempt to confuse people enough to have any chance to “win” the discussion.

Here is my argument (and presumably Morey’s):

Points per Field Goal Attempt, Career:

Harden - 1.5
    Chamberlain - 1.34
    Jordan - 1.3

(mike drop...)

#27 coyotetex, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    s3ts, don grahamleone and Deuce like this.
  8. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

So the fact that any possession that ends in a shot by Harden results in nearly 20% more points than any possession that ended in a shot by Jordan across both players entire careers is meaningless to you and your feelings are a better gauge of what’s real?

I think the word delusional doesn’t mean what you think it means...

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

coyotetex likes this.
  10. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Thanks!

But seriously, winning discussions with people that value aesthetics and “unwritten rules” over wins and points is like playing tee ball against pre-schoolers.

You want to discuss Harden’s issues on defense or the challenges of building a team around his high usage rates, sure let’s go.

But there is no factual basis for arguing that Harden isn’t the best offensive player of all time. Doesn’t exist.

There are just a lot of whiny little b*tches who like to hear themselves vomiting up their complaints about his play style and then desperately trying to find any semi plausible statistical evidence to validate their “feelings”.

They are the sports world equivalent of 14 year old gossip girls.

Sort of funny watching them dance...

vlaurelio and don grahamleone like this.