1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheapest way to see rockets if you live out of town?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Reddit NBA streams got shut down. They have a new site though which is what I use and it works great.

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I mean, it makes sense to spend a ton of money on something that’s available for free if you live in LA. You’re already paying a ton in taxes for essentially nothing, what’s $120?

For people that actually want to get value out of something, the LA approach doesn’t really work.

3. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Just wait till the game its over and head up to youtube such as MLG, FreeDawkins, Ximo Pierto and DowntoBuck if we have a surprising performance. And it is definitely free hahaha

4. cml750

cml750 Member

The Rockets no longer play on Foxsports Southwest. They are on ATT Sports Net / DirectTV. Probably the only way to avoid streams is a league pass in the LA area. Before ATT / Direct TV bought out Rockets/Astros Comcast channel, I was in a situation where i had to watch crappy streams. I live about 90 miles from Houston and neither our cable (Time Warner at the time) or the satellite providers had the Rockets Comcast channel. I lived too close to Houston to get league pass to see the Rockets so I was tuck in limbo with the crappy illegal streams. I was ecstatic when Direct TV purchased the Comcast channel allowing me to finally get to see all the games once again.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the OP said he wants a real service and doesn’t want to pay $50 per month or use a crappy stream that gets shut down.

I’ve been an out of market Rockets fan for over 20 years and have managed to follow every game since league pass audio was invented, regardless of location.

Of the 38 nationally televised Rockets games, 5 are on ABC, accessible with digital satellite, 12 are NBAtv which would allow delayed access through the service.

21 are ESPN or TNT. 82-21=61

Lol, Whats $120? It’s less than $2 per game with all of the features that the official service provides, for the ONE THING I will go out of my way to pay money for. No searching for links, no begging for passwords.

#25 across110thstreet, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Remlap likes this.
  6. delta69er

delta69er Member

Could you DM me the new site?

7. sheb

sheb Member

Dude

google
    reddit
    Nba
    Streams

Follow
    Links

Lurch and BigShasta like this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

NBA League Pass here too.
    I have Roku for my TV. I'm out of state and get to see most of the games.
    I guess for some it seems like a lot of money (I don't have a money tree).
    However, I'm not a fan of pirating, and if you break it down, even if you get to watch 60
    games, for $120 that's only $2/game.

I get the Houston broadcast and feed so that's good.
    Also don't have to worry about any viruses and such from streaming sites.

In addition, if I'm traveling, I can log in on my laptop and watch games while in hotel room.
    I like THAT instead of having to surf channels on a hotel TV finding nothing worth watching.

One other plus is that you can have 2 simultaneous logins to watch the game
    and my son typically uses the other. So it's sort of a two-fer. Maybe split with a buddy?
    (keep in mind, if you split with someone, make sure it's someone you trust as providing
    a login can also give them access to your account settings AND CREDIT CARD)

Not a bad deal though for the whole season

9. DJ

DJ Member

While we are on the topic, what is the best alternative to cable to see the national televised games. I do not watch much TV besides Rockets game. I want to be able to have access to TNT, ABC, NBATV and ESPN without having to pay the high cost of cable?

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

drogon.tv all sporting events $14 every 3 months good quality streams, no ads, good customer service too