1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

8 games in do we still luv WB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 9, 2019.

?

How are you feeling about WB?

1. Brodie has been a god

2. Overall, Brodie has been solid

3. Brodie's been dissapointing

4. Should have kept CP3

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

After his first 3 games, everybody was enamored, WB is a beast we cheered.

6 games later, he's cooled off some, still has positives certainly, but is displaying his negatives. How do we feel about Mr.Brodie?

Positives -
    Good passer. Has a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio currently.
    Beast in transition.
    Scoring at a decent efficiency shooting over 46% overall.
    Energy. Hustles on 50/50 plays, good on the boards, amps the team up at times.

Negatives
    Shooting worse than Gordon from 3 at only 23.5% currently. YIKES.
    Shooting below 65% from the FT line
    Mediocre on D, at times he can make spectacular plays, good in passing lanes, but overall still not very good
    Has a hard time creating in a half-court setting at times, makes poor decision making more often in half court it seems

Overall for me personally, even though he's cooled off a bit, he's still been a positive for the team. As long as he keeps that 2-1 ast/to ratio and FG% above 45% I'll be somewhat content with him despite his god awful long-range shooting.

I think the best thing we can do for him, is be better defensively, he's SO much better in transition, so the better our defense is, the better Russ will be as he will get more opportunities to run the break.

Thoughts, fellas?

Handles, seeingred, Mazulis and 12 others like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol dont be a casual...ahhh we wasnt loving him cause he was shooting a high percentage lol. We know that wasnt sustainable. we love him cause of the energy..the hustle the relentlessness. that's never gonna change

Mazulis, bilaal14, banzai and 7 others like this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

aMEN THAT SHOULD INCREASE OUR OVERALL ATTITUDE AS A TEAM AND DEMANDS THE PURSUIT OF GREATNESS

banzai and mike2k132 like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s been a little better than I was expecting, but the shooting is still a huge concern, and he’s slowly but surely taking more mid-range shots.

His fastbreaks have been a welcome addition, though.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

What can we get for him?

TimDuncanDonaut and pippendagimp like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

What i expected.

I predicted 57 wins and so far the Nets loss has been the one disappointing loss to me. Capela was in the doghouse
    in that game. Miami and Atlanta are party nights prior to games, if they are an off night.

I don’t expect defense from Harden (except post defense)

I don’t expect defense from Westbrook. His rebounding has been far better than I expected. Surprised
    he has lessened the inefficient shots the the amount he has. Everything else is as i imagined.

I don’t expect defense from Gordon......House needs to play to help nullify the lack of defense by Harden/Westbrook.
    Defense supplied mostly by House/Tucker/Capela.

Team needs another PF by the playoffs in order to slide Tucker to SF......joining House. IMHO

IvanLCPM, Gray_Jay, Plowman and 4 others like this.
  8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

What do you think about how they matchup vs the LA teams as they are rn? If Ego gets his shot going and WB can cut down on the turnovers will be a really good team

9. riko

riko Member

Absolutely. Russ was coming off three different surgeries this offseason but he is still in pristine condition. I think he just needs some match fitness and he will get even better. The guy who is automatic in the open court and is good at finding the corner spot shooters.

Mazulis, jcmoon, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I accept Westbrook and hope for the best

my dream scenario would’ve been to add Jimmy Butler and push Chris Paul down to being our 3rd best player, but God been ignoring my Rockets related prayers for years

Russ is never someone I was hoping we would add to the team, but it beats running it back again with the same squad that I knew for sure wouldn’t be able to get it done

overall, he’s been good...he just can’t shoot

Gray_Jay, hakeem94, Caprah and 2 others like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i really dont believe we NEED westbrook to be a good outside shooter, especially if he is keeping his attempts down. house and tucker are almost exclusively outside shooters and are efficient. as long as james and ego get going that is plenty. russ just has to focus on what he does best, and he has been for the most part. the FT shooting does concern me though since if he is focusing on his strengths it will probably lead to a good amount of FT attempts. he needs to capitalize at an efficient rate on those.

overall his shot selection has been much better than last year and he has done a good job taking care of the ball, except for tonight, but the whole team was coughing it up early and often.

12. smp

smp Member

Keep in mind it was either CP3 or Westbrook. I’ll take Westbrook every time at this point in their careers.

I’m very happy with his performance so far vs what I think CP3 could provide.

IvanLCPM, Mazulis, UTSA2step and 10 others like this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

My thought is if you are going to do a poll you should at least have an average option. Its either good or bad, nothing to vote on for in between.

fryjol7, Easy and BigBum like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Win or lose
    Nothing else

schedule is kind of soft.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Solid was my average option. I guess that's more favorable language then average. But the man is making 40 mill per, if he isn't solid at his price then he's a disappointment IMO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought he played well tonight, and he can play better. He’s definitely improved our rebounding and overall, has taken some of the pressure off of James, in my opinion. It’s still very early, so I hope he’ll be a better fit as time goes by. I was against the trade, but I’m a Rockets fan, and Russ is a Rocket, so I’ve got an open mind. Fingers crossed.

IvanLCPM, tycoonchip, fryjol7 and 2 others like this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Meh, okay for what he does, but at 10m, not 40.

Its a bad fit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

His athleticism still appears near-peak which is better than I expected.

He might get stronger as the season wears as he'll be farther removed from his surgery.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yes, brodie has been good and the shitty defense has nothing to do with him. I like what I am seeing from him so far.

P.s. did anyone hear Bullard talking about his dislocated fingers and how it affected his shot!!

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's getting $40 mil/yr, so he better be solid.

dachuda86 and J Sizzle like this.