1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CBS Sports] What fuels the Rockets' Danuel House Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent article.

Now, on a team with championship aspirations, he wants to show the full breadth of his game. House can make 3s and defend, but he rejects the 3-and-D label. He loves having Russell Westbrook around because the former MVP tells him to "be you."

"We don't even say 3-and-D over here," House said. He called coach Mike D'Antoni's system "perfect for me," especially with Houston playing at a rocket speed. "I make plays for others. I make the right reads. I make passes, throw lobs. I do a little bit of it all. So we don't have positions over here. That's what a lot of people be failing to realize. I see that a lot, though. I witnessed it. 'Cause everybody's always talking about, 'Oh yeah, you're the 3-and-D guy.' No."

joshuaao likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah dood, you three and D

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the point is Danuel fashions himself MORE than just that label. A multifaceted player. Doesn't want to limit himself. Appreciate that approach.

mike2k132 likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if the D stands for drive, then sure.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

House's ability to put the ball on the floor on dribble drives, while being a willing passer, is a big skill. That is an element that House enjoys and why he wants to be more than just "3 & D."

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You 14 pts and D.

7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think his time in the g league helped with that a lot. When he played down there he played a lot like Harden, lots of ball handling, lots of drive and kick, dunks, throwing lobs, and of course the step backs off the dribble. I love when we get to see flashes of that. Even if he is mostly a 3 and D guy for us, it's definitely a really helpful skill to have. He's easily the best non-guard on our roster at all this stuff.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably just reads CF and that fuels him. :D

"Playing a dangerous game"
    "Overrated"
    "Nothing special"
    "Anyone can do what he does"
    "Not worth it"
    "Just 10/20/30 games, not gonna keep it up."

Yeah, you want to talk to me now. You wouldn't pay me.
    Yeah, you want to love me now. You thought I was trash!

#8 J.R., Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    BigShasta likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Of course MDA doesn’t call you a 3 and D player because he doesn’t coach D and we don’t play it.

a la rockets likes this.