1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solved: What We Need to Win The Championship This Year!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FANfrom86toNow, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This thread is about what we need to win, not about what we need to definitely lose.

I guess the thread title was misleading or something.

topfive likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I can't believe we were 8 games into the season before DaDakota picked the dead horse he'll be beating this year.

Prepare yourselves for a never-ending onslaught of Westbrook-is-killing-us.

Deuce and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Clint for baynes and oubre

4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

To bad when Ayton comes back Capela would be a waste of money

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

As I mentioned in my op, that may be true, but I would try. It seems he only has 2 years left on his deal, and the Pelicans are going to suck this year, and they have a young center in Jaxon Hayes that they signed to 4 years that they may to develop along with Zion. Why keep Okafor? If other teams are willing to offer more, I can see us being outbid if they need and want Okafor, but I don't see a good reason why the Pelicans will want to keep him for their rebuild. I can certainly be wrong about their thinking of course.

7. FANfrom86toNow

That does speed up the fast break and put pressure on the other team, wearing them down for the 4th quarter when Russ can squash them with his rentlessly.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Stopped reading as soon as I saw kevin love.
    What is this boards obsession with a random scrub? Its weird.

I havent seen such love on a this board since this strange era where every trade somehow us getting the random talent if damon stoudemire. Love has passed stoudemire as most loved scrub from other team trade talk. Its weird. We should also trade for jessica alba

9. FANfrom86toNow

I agree that it's a leap, but one that can be made based on the willingness on the other team. OKC is more likely to let go of Noel as I believe he is only on a 1 year deal and they are still somewhat in the tax if I'm not mistaken, so that could help get them out of the tax or lower their tax bill if they don't find another way to get out of it, for a player that is probably not in their longer term strategy.

Okafor is a tougher sale as I mentioned, but the Pelicans may or may not be looking to keep him long term with Zion, since they just signed another C to a 4 year deal. Maybe if we packaged a Hartenstein with a second or two it would make the deal happen, who knows. Maybe they are not interested or they could get a better deal. As I mentioned in the op, we could look for someone similar, which I haven't explored yet.

And as another poster said, in the summer we could get a starting center using Gordon's contract, although I'm not hoping to punt on this season without one. But I think a lineup of Chandler, Okafor and Love would be enough at center for the playoffs this year if you keep Chandler to only the first 3 minutes of each quarter so that he knows what minutes he will play, can play harder knowing that he doesn't have to conserve energy and play longer minutes, and he is still warmed up at the beginning of the games and halftimes; which should be a consideration for a player of his age and position instead of just trying to bring them off the bench cold. Chandler playing the first 3 minutes of every quarter hard can get you 2 rebounds, a lob and a couple of rim contests/block, which would equate to about 8 rebound, 8 pts and a block or two a game for a 12 minute per game players.....high efficiency for that position. Playing to start with both Russ and Harden, with hopefully PJ and House will make that much easier for him.

10. FANfrom86toNow

You are always welcome to turn off your brain to a PF averaging 18.9 ppg and 14.4 rebounds (2nd in the league) and has a championship under his belt.....if you choose to. MDA will play small ball in tight ball games at the end. If you prefer Tucker as your 5 with House as your 4 over Love as your 5 and Tucker as your 4, then I will just disagree with your choice. Now if MDA would always play a real center and not use small ball unless we are matching up with another team, I would keep Clint. But that's like wishes to be taken up on a spaceship, it might happen, but not likely.