1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are the most hated team in Oklahoma and Utah based off twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 7, 2019.

1. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I live in Phoenix and never have I heard someone say they don't like the Clippers.

People hate Lakers and Spurs (from their playoff battles) here

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Random aside, are there any cool bars that Rocket fans meet up for up there? I'm in Tucson, and I wouldn't hate driving up for some marquee games to watch with other Rocket fans.

I miss the PNW Rockets fan group set up by @topfive .

topfive and jamisonrocket like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oh no, how did you end up in Tuscon from Portland? Although Saguaro National Park is pretty cool and The Rialto used to be the only place to see Animal Collective when they traveled through Arizona. I was in Phoenix for school in the oughts, but back then there were very few Rockets fans at the games I would attend (tail end of the Nash- Stat era). I'd assume a lot of people there are on the Harden bandwagon now. Best of luck, Arizona is a weird place.

4. malakas

malakas Member

I don't believe that the most hated team in Arizona are the clippers and I don't believe that the most hated team in Philadelphia are the Lakers.
    Where is the Celtics hatred?
    I don't even believe that the most hated team in California is the Clippers.

Is California only Los Angeles? I am sure that the people in the rest of California hate the Lakers as much as the rest of the country.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Good." Jocko

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nah. Lakers are CA's team, much like the Cowboys will always rule TX.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I dont think that the people of Sacramento or GS like the Lakers.

Patience likes this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

I actually grew up down here, then went to Eugene for school, then ironically I got a job down here. It is a strange place, but after Eugene/Portland nothing feels strange anymore haha.

treyk3 likes this.
  9. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Ok. Fair enough. The Rockets will just have to stop eliminating the Thunder and Jazz from the playoffs.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ohh that makes sense. Houston is weird too, but I love living here. Congrats on being back home.

11. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Arizona has forgiven the Rockets for the kiss of death? I went to grad school there in the mid 90s, my Rockets fandom wasn't appreciated.

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

I'll take credit for Utah hating us... Oklahoma is all RW.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather they continue to hate us. Would like to see Rocket red across entire map, sans Texas of course.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was going to ask the same thing to @Pizza_Da_Hut Do Suns fans still hate us because of the Kiss of Death? Or do they even remember?

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Judging by this city you'd think they'd be the most hated in Houston too.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Further proof analyzing Twitter users constitutes Fake News.

Which also means, as long as ZDog is still around on Twitter, Rockets will be found as most hated by Utah.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  17. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Nope. Years ago I posted asking if anyone here was from Phoenix for that reason and never got a response. Post Yao/Pre Harden there was only a handle full of fans here and a couple of them were coming from Houston to visit family each year. Down to start mob'n up somewhere though.

18. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Hey... I’m living in Oklahoma and I don’t hate the Rockets....(just don’t tell anyone that I moved up here from the Houston area).

19. macan

macan Member

we kicked j*zz butt two years in a row in the playoffs. i can understand the hate.
    don't get why okc hate us..because we got Harden and Russ? we gave them a big fat awful contract of CP?

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Come playoff time, if you want a drinking buddy I'll drive up! Also, when the Rockets meet the Suns up there I'm down to meet up before the game too. Just DM me.