1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, it's not happening but i'm ok with that, especially considering how House is playing. I think the only possibile deal with Boston remains something like Smart plus pick basically, maybe another minor piece like Ojeleye.

treyk3 likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea and Smart is essentially redundant here with Rivers, Russ, Eric and Harden eating up all of the 1/2 minutes. It's hard to see Smart as a 3 and it's even harder to see him on the floor with Russ.

I think the trade involving Boston would require a third team with an extra big man (or a wing that can play 3/4/5 like RoCo or Otto Porter (too much salary) who fits our floor spacing needs a bit better than CC along with a need for a gritty player like Smart. .

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Smart would be great here, strong, can guard multiple positions, Pat Beverely kind of player...i think we would see more Harden at the 3 eventually, but i can see why you're not sold, he might not be the kind of piece we want back if we move Capela, we have other needs at this point.

But if we would also get back a 1st rounder who knows, that might help to get another player in a spot we actually need like, (just a random thought) let's say you can trade Capela for Smart and a 1st rounder, then trade for Noel or Cauley-Stein (assuming you think they can replace Clint well enough) with a 2nd rounder and move the 1st you got from Boston for a guy like Covington or Ibaka (pretty sure we can't get him if we already take Smart because of the salary), again, i don't know now, i'm just saying...that would also boost our bench cause we would in fact add two solid players on the roster, and give us some flexibility too giving us a couple of good contracts to move eventually, and also leave us with our own pick (for once)....just somehting to think about.

#163 Vivi, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

anyway we can get ariza back?

Hakeemtheking and jb86 like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

On paper it's possible it ain't happening cause we would've to trade at least House (if not PJ) in the package so, it doesn't make sense.

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If the King’s have a really really really bad season then they might buy him out. He’s only partially guaranteed for next season but he’s currently playing a lot of minutes off of the bench.

7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Wish we could get JJ Redick on this squad.

MrSabotage likes this.
  8. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

I always want Andre Roberson

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

On the surface yes … but it was just the basic framework , making the $$ work - You know you'd have to send them additional compensation - maybe a 1 and multiple 2's and or a player from one of the other teams involved.

You could make it worth their while …. and pretty much everyone else gets what they want already.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I don’t see any realistic trade options that make the Rockets better. Get ready for a quiet deadline unless a buyout candidate makes Capela expendable. The Rockets simply do not have enough salary to send out otherwise.

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Old, small, shoots 3, no D, perfect fit!

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

100%
    Even if a team like the Heat wanted to get rid of a guy like James Johnson for very little in return, we still wouldn’t be able to match that without including PJ or House. That really sucks.
    The NBA axing our Nene contract really hurt us.

fattz likes this.
  13. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Clint for baynes and oubre.
    baynes can spread the floor, he’s been hitting 3s this season.

Slimfa and Da Wink like this.
  14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

love the trade but the alley oop game is needed by beard and brodie to add another option..shot blocking also would be gone

fattz and D-rock like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

if only we were to get that lucky....nice to dream...

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would Charlotte be interested in Capela?

MKG and Williams are taller, lengthier players that could help our defense. Hernangomez is cheap but I'm uncertain how he would mesh with the starters.

Capela + McLemore + Nene + Clark + Hartenstein

for

Williams + MKG + Hernangomez + a pick or two

I dunno. Just throwing shots at the dark here.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever for Stanley Johnson or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who are currently out of the rotation in TOR.

Rangy defenders to test out in our system. RHJ would be fantastic on the defensive end of the floor.

#177 RudyTBag, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

He retired from basketball.

Not really, but he might as well cause nobody has seen him in 3 or so years.

19. rockets13champs

That **** ain’t happening

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or sign Lance Thomas, another rangy defender with better 3 ball than either Johnson or Hollis-Jefferson.

fattz likes this.