1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking your stupid big ass truck and backing it in everytime wtf?!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Oct 29, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, all are pretty much true for most people... I pretty much have a truck because of side projects, not my main job (as I work in an office too), but I do a lot of mechanic side work and my own home project work... On this Mercedes rebuild if I have to pick up a transmission, I'm not putting that in my car :) I should know this weekend though the extent of damage... Hopefully a short rebuild.

On a side note, I've gotten better over the years telling people "no" even though it's not usually my main vehicle.. Lately though it seems like it is... It's an old f150, and I'm certainly not driving it for looks, haha. I will tell you it's reliable though :)

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

How old? I have an old 2002 with over 250k miles on it, but damn its reliable!!!

3. likestohypeguy

I sold my '06 w(edit wait 05)over 220k miles, now two years and two lesser cars of mine later I still see the contractor who bought it driving around here, full of tools and building materials. He can probably put as many again on it.

:mad:
    (No, more power to him)

Even if you don't absolutely need them to tow/work, 1/2 ton trucks are a great value for not only reliability and durability, but safety (ride height/visibility/size), comfort (even ride comfort with the right tires especially if not 4x4), and power... 400hp in a regular cab is ridiculous

#123 likestohypeguy, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    CCity Zero and Falcons Talon like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this may be helpful for some of you car guys

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I heard that the follow up to that was never filmed because the guy drove his own car over himself 10 times killing himself instantly after the first pass.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't really do much.

It isn't safe, it is bad for the truck and he didn't substantially move it.

It doesn't really show or prove anything.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You guys are such sticklers, damn.....

Lets say that tractor broke down, the mechanic is down the road and also has no means to come pick it up for service and the mechanic isnt mobile with his tools. Does that do anything for you?

8. Buck Turgidson

Lol, find a better mechanic.

btw, there's no such thing as an equipment mechanic that isn't "mobile with his tools", because a large part of their business is on-site calls.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Billy Joe is good with them tools and the fixing of mechanical items and what not but he stays drunk all the time and doesn't have a real shop. He charges very little for his work and efforts, you just gotta bring him the equipment in question and he'll have it working like brand new for a 30pk of Busch and 150 dollars.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I just like sitting in parking spaces and revving my AMG CLS 63 and smoking heavily modified Duallys with their disgusting black smoke while putting everyone's lives in danger. Very fun on rainy days on a congested highway. Love that V8 growl. Will never own a V6 but wish I had a beater truck as I ain't got **** for room to put anything.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Now this is a legit gripe. I ****ing despise the old diesels that belch smoke every single time the engine revs up, from a full stop to just going down the highway. The fact that some people rig newer ones to do that is just mindboggling to me. Should be a ticketable offense.

I'll defer to you now, you seem to have a really solid grasp on this discussion.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I see this dude every week. It pours out black smoke and it's not even fast. Why even do that, putting an exhaust pipe 10 times the size of a regular one in the bed???

Yes, he's also got a very reddish neck. The Haulin Ass mud flaps are fire though. He also loves his OE 40s after work. I can't help but to just laugh and thank whomever that I am not him.

[​IMG]

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Almost always when the car in front of me is kicking out a ton of smoke it instantly permeates my entire car forcing me and my family to breathe it. It makes me want to kick those people's asses so bad. How do these cars even pass inspections

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. likestohypeguy

It's a thing- they intentionally smog cyclists and priuses, electric cars/hybrids etc.

[​IMG]

IBTL, Buck Turgidson and Exiled like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The comments on that video... smh how do people become like that. Making people breathe exhaust in like that is clearly an assault and should be illegal.

It's a very odd contradiction that I see quite a bit, that a lot of heavy right-leaning people, living in beautiful rural environments like the one captured in that video, immensely enjoy things like living in their healthy rural environment, love hunting and fishing, which require pristine unpolluted environments ... but somehow at the same time don't give a **** about pollution, are anti regulations / EPA.

If your a hunter/angler, if you enjoy being someone who lives in the country, lives in nature, I don't see how you can't be a huge environmentalist considering their lifestyles desperately depend on regulated protection and preservation.

Buck Turgidson and FrontRunner like this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I see this guy every morning driving his jacked up 78 Ford F150 on the Pierce Elevated, wearing his big ol' cowboy hat, dipping his Skoal and listening to Charlie Daniels at full volume. Drives me crazy!

[​IMG]

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh man, nice! Mines at 200k and is a 2001. That's really great to hear, I know if you maintain them even just basic maintenance, you can get a ton more miles out of the one you have easily.

If you ever have questions on it let me know. I've done a decent amount of work on Fords over the years, most recently helping pull an engine out. It was actually my brother's f150 (it had a ton more miles) and it had some crazy catastrophic failure (it was so random and the truck was well maintained for sure). The truck had the valves on one of the cylinders actually fall off into one of the cylinders/piston causing the failure (so it was essentially a dead cylinder), but get this... The truck still drove all the way back from Austin to Houston.

I mean other than stop lights where it would stutter some, at highway speeds it ran fine and in rhythm. I wouldn't keep it that way long but man... most engines would have been done and stuck in Austin.... It was crazy. He works on cars more than me so he just put another engine in it (I mean I'd probably do the same since we're our own labor etc.). But yeah, he's basically planning on getting probably another 200k out of it easy. I mean if the transmission goes (I don't see it happening), he would just rebuild it. Everything else is in crazy good condition. He's just using it as a full on work truck now, but I think they're great trucks for sure.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man that's crazy, I mean nothing against the diesel owners, but I think if you drive them stupid like this on purpose you should rethink your priorities...

I mean... why do that? We all have to share the road and environment... and no one wants/deserves this done to them.

#138 CCity Zero, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    likestohypeguy likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I envy you guys who live where there's no road salt. We had a 2000 that we gave to my daughter, the truck made it to 275k miles (on a second engine) before the frame cracked right in half. Sold it to a buddy of mine for $500 and that engine is now in his Expedition. I'd still have that truck if it weren't for snow, ice, and salt.

F150.jpg

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ah man!! Yes, the salt definitely sucks, and that's awful man! Sorry to hear about the truck.

On a side note, that's a hell of a deal you gave him, I bet his Expedition will probably run a long time! I've done similar things, like let vehicles go etc. If I don't want to waste the time/money for parts etc. With the frame damage I definitely agree it was probably for the best, that salt is nasty stuff to vehicles. Typically if I'm buying a used car I try to make sure it hasn't been owned long term up north (if it's possible).

In Austin (after the whole city shuts down from minimal ice), they basically just dump dirt on the roads. It's obviously rare but funny to see in comparison to northern states.